Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

windows media center and xbox 360

This is a discussion on windows media center and xbox 360 within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just installed my new router netgear WNR2000 V2. I go to setup my WMC and get the code on

Old 05-29-2011, 05:08 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just installed my new router netgear WNR2000 V2. I go to setup my WMC and get the code on my xbox and keep getting the error "cannot setup extender, setup failed because your extender is unable to communicate with this computer"

Ive tried everything... i turned off firewall and still got this error..

help

My wireless router is downstairs with my modem and my brothers desktop.. I want the media from my laptop which is in the room with my xbox, I am connected to my wireless network on my laptop. My xbox is wired down to the router connected to my brothers computer...

my laptop is windows 7 and the desktop is xp if that matters

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Xbox 360 Extender Setup Error Code 545 "Error:Access Denied"
I have my XBox 360 directly connected to my PC via an ethernet cable and I my Xbox and PC can see each other and share all media. However, when I try to run Windows Media Center and configure the Xbox 360 as an extender it tells me there is a configuration error and this error shows up in...
mvelasco3 Console Gaming Support 0 05-26-2011 12:13 AM
[SOLVED] Stream MP4 files through media center to 360?
Hi guys I've recently been able to change my computing and gaming setup so now both my pc and xbox connect to the same router with decent wired cables (no wireless lag yay). The xbox connects to LIVE just fine and there is no lag and I've even got media center running to stream files from my pc...
Xyfer117 Console Gaming Support 1 04-06-2011 10:05 AM
error connecting xbox to pc via windows media center
Hi i am running windows 7, i have been trying to get my xbox 360 to connect to the pc through the media center. it goes all the way to the end of the setup (showing both on pc and xbox that all is connecying), but then it shows (on the xbox/tv) "conncetion failure, the xbox could not conncet...
joshtheking Console Gaming Support 0 03-08-2011 11:22 AM
WinXP PC Won't Stream to Xbox360 - Please help advanced problem?
This is either an extremely advanced problem, or so basic i'm skipping over it completely. Either way help me out please! ### I'm no computer guru, but i know my way around decently well. Better than the average person. I just got an xbox360 250gb.. I have a huge collection of music, 53...
Purged1234 File and Application Sharing 2 01-18-2011 08:26 AM