Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

[SOLVED] Unable to connect to EA Origin

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Unable to connect to EA Origin within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, when I try to go online on Origin I get the following error: "NOT CONNECTED TO ORIGIN. Unable to

Old 11-30-2012, 09:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

when I try to go online on Origin I get the following error: "NOT CONNECTED TO ORIGIN. Unable to connect. Please check your internet connection, or try again later if the problem persists"

The first time I got this error was two weeks ago. The funny thing is that it only happens when I'm connected to the internet via my home DSL link; when I use my 3G USB dongle it works fine.

I also noticed that the network tray icon has an exclamation mark in yellow triangle over it, and when I point at it, it says: "Vigor 2700 (*router name*), No access to the internet" (Note: This is translated from Slovak, the wording in English versions of Windows may differ. Thought I'd mention this in case there can be different types of error like this). I noticed this the day when I couldn't connect to Origin for the first time and I'm fairly sure it wasn't happening before that. The thing is that I DO have access to the internet, I'm typing this while connected via that router. Everything, but Origin, is working.

Have you guys got any idea what I could do? I want to try everything possible on my end before pestering my ISP (they have been increasing internet speeds around that time, so they could have messed something up on their end).

I'm looking forward to your suggestions.

Old 12-20-2012, 05:00 PM   #2
Registered Member

One Windows reinstall and several hours of tinkering with Windows updates later I found out that the problem was caused by... Avast?!

Once I knew this and did a search for "avast ea origin" quite a few results came up, even with some solutions. I don't plan on using any of them, though, I didn't like Avast that much anyway, so I'm going to replace it with something else (Thinking of Microsoft Security Essentials, would you recommend it or should I get something else?).

Hopefully this will help someone, so that they won't have to waste as much time as I have :)

Old 12-20-2012, 05:16 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Thanks for posting back with your solution.

https://help.ea.com/article/programs...ts-with-origin

MSE would be a good replacement, or the free version of Avira.