Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

[SOLVED] java and pogo

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] java and pogo within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. having an issue on Pogo. When I clickthe spades game to play it tells me to download java. I already

Old 05-15-2012, 04:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

having an issue on Pogo. When I clickthe spades game to play it tells me to download java. I already have java and 2 java plug ins. However the pop up also says that the java I have does not support the game. It wants me to download java 7 or sun java. Are they the same. I have java 6 already. If I do download 7 or sun, do I need to uninstall or remove jave 6 and the plug ins?

Old 05-15-2012, 05:29 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

You can download the latest Java 7 from here. Click the JRE Download button for Java SE 7u4, not JDK. You don't need to uninstall Java 6. Installation instructions here.
Quote:
Running the Installer

Note: You must have administrative permissions in order to install the JRE.

If you saved the JRE installer to your computer, run the installer by double-clicking it. Follow the instructions the installer provides. When you are finished with the installation, you can delete the downloaded file to recover disk space.

The installer may ask you to reboot your computer if you chose not to restart an internet browser when it prompted you to do so.

watch?v=qA5faeCGg-w
koala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2012, 05:01 AM   #3
Registered Member

Can I run java while using Chrome? I tried pogo spades with IE and it opened. However IE is really slow which is why I switched to Chrome.
Old 05-16-2012, 05:31 AM   #4
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Yes, Chrome can use Java. See here for details: Java and Google Chrome Browser

watch?v=qA5faeCGg-w
koala is offline   Reply With Quote