Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Problems with hosting server

2K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  Jason09 
#1 ·
I've been dealing with this problem for months and have finally come to ask here about it. I'm able to access my routers settings and set up the ports i need, but when i attempt to host myself and anyone else are unable to join. i have checked my IPv4 address and made sure that everything is correct, i even set up inbound rules in my firewall for the server, no luck. Please if there is anything i can do to fix this let me know. Refer to the picture for more detail

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Yes i have port forward checker and its able to ping my router, but shows a closed port, if thats what you were asking. I am using a Cisco router model dpc2100r2. I am using a belkin router but i belive thats not the source of the problem because i've switched routers to no avail.

#4 ·
That cisco device is your modem. The Belkin device is I assume the router (you haven't put a model).

Just because you have changed devices doesn't mean you have correctly configured either of them. You seem to want to focus on your windows firewall but it is far more likely your router is the device that is not correctly configured.

It pays to heed the advice you have been given BEFORE moving forward. @Jason09 has advised you to use port checker, which you seem to have done as you go on to say it shows a closed port...? but still don't wish to explore this avenue as the possible cause of your issue...Odd.

Your windows firewall looks fine. You could turn on blocking on that port and get windows firewall to notify you of blocked incoming connections (which I doubt it will for this port) but verify you router is not forwarding as it should; which is where I suspect your issue lies.

#5 ·
my model for my Belkin router is F9K1102v3, i hope that helps.

i'll take heed to your advice and focus on the subject of my router and port forwarding, it seems that i'm forwarding through my router correctly, i may be wrong? I'm entering the last digit of my IPv4 address into the servers setup.

On the subject of the Port forward checker, it seems able to ping my router, but as before i cannot detect an open port, suggesting that my connection is not setup properly.

I'm unsure of my problem, and you are right about me not having a good plan, i hardly have any plan.

#6 ·
It's possible that your modem may be functioning as a router, which would mean port forwarding would need to be done there. On the status page of your Belkin router, you should see a LAN IP address and an Internet/public/WAN address listed. For the Internet/public/WAN (whichever term your router uses) IP address, does that address match the address shown at What Is My IP | The IP Address Experts Since 1999?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.