Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

pogo could not load game images

This is a discussion on pogo could not load game images within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. i'm at my wits end , everytime i try to load a pogo game , its looks like it will

Old 03-12-2008, 10:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

i'm at my wits end , everytime i try to load a pogo game , its looks like it will load but then i get this ooppps somethings not right , pogo could not load game images . I have tried everything i can think of to fix this problem.
Does anyone have any ideas to fix this problem .... HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-12-2008, 11:46 AM   #2
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, the easiest thing you first can do is to clear your cookies,temp internet files. If you need help to do that please let me know. If thatdoes not work then I suggest you check that your java is up to date and working properly, maybe even just install and re install it, in case anything happened to it.

Please post back to let me know the results.

Snoopdogie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2008, 12:36 PM   #3
Registered Member

i deleted all my cookies , uninstalled and installed java again , i even checked my firewall and pop blockers nothing seems to work
Old 03-12-2008, 01:00 PM   #4
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, reading http://eapogo.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/e...p_sid=fe*3Ex-i (pogos support for this), what the suggest is to turn off any firewalls, virs scans and any ad/pap up blocker programs. Then run a game to see if it will load and can be played. Please note while doing this you should not run any untrusted programs or go to unknown sites as the computer isnt protcted and as soon as you know if the game will load or not, turn everything back on.

Also was there anything you changed right before it stopped working?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:09 PM   #5
Registered Member

I am having exactly the same issues. I have tried everything that I have read to do to solve this issue. I have even sent messages to pogo and they have not responded. I have uninstalled java and reinstalled it. I have cleared my cache, cookies and temporary internet files. I have downloaded firefox. I have opened the firewall to allow pogo's IP addresses. I have run the jave test and pop up blocker test and they have both tested fine. I have read that this is a an issue for lots of people especially on Vista. Can you help me solve this issue?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:24 PM   #6
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, sorry if I do take a while to answer, I am working on home work right now also just so you know. But have you tried disabling all pop up blockers and virus scans, and firewalls? not just mess with the settings in case there is some hidden issue.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:29 PM   #7
Registered Member

I am hesitant of turning all my protection off. I have McAfee Security Center and am on AOL 9.0. Do I turn the firewall and scan off in McAfee and the pop up blocker off in AOL? Would that be where to go to do this?
Old 03-13-2008, 09:38 PM   #8
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

It wont cause any harm if you are careful, like just go to pogo and test then restart all the virus scans, pop up blockers, etc.
Old 03-13-2008, 09:50 PM   #9
Registered Member

I went to McAfee and turned off the firewall, unscheduled the scan, went to Aol and turned off the pop up blocker, cleared the footprints in AOL, and went to IE and cleared all the history including temporary internet files, cookies and browsing history. Then I went to pogo and tried to load a game and got the message that it could not load game images. I set my firewall to turn back on at restart. You are running Vista Home edition. Have you been able to play games on pogo?
Old 03-13-2008, 10:02 PM   #10
Registered Member

I know that you are working on your homework and I need to go but I will check back in to see if you have any more ideas. I will tell you that I have been to Yahoo games and they load fine. I am extremely frustrated that I have spent hours trying to solve this issue since November. I would appreciate it if you would let me know if you have any more ideas. Good luck with the homework!
Old 03-13-2008, 10:22 PM   #11
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Sorry for long wait, and i actually never tried pogo on my computer, but I just did and the game won't load for me. I also have Vista Home Premiem andMcafee Firewll + virus scan.

Also tomorrow is the last day before spring break (which im jut going home for) so now that I know pogo doesn't work for me I will really go into fixing it (I really dislike when something doesnt work, so I know how you feel).

Also by any chace do you have Spybot S&D and have the SD Helper/ URL blocker on it?

reason I ask is because I just got pogo game to work, but on the second try and the only difernece was that Spybot didn't block the second time I tried.
Old 03-14-2008, 08:38 AM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

Have you tried NOT using AOL? AOL is notorious for not working well with anything.

-----------------------------
There are no dumb questions, unless a customer is asking them.

Help in the fight against cancer and other serious illnesses.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2008, 08:54 AM   #13
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

I actually use aol to help fix a lot of sites, as odd as it may sound.

Also, just thinking, since its AOL, they use more of aol.pogo.com or pogo.aol.com ( i forget whch way), so I do no know if this may also cause a conflict if you uuse just pogo.com
Old 03-14-2008, 10:45 AM   #14
Registered Member

Hey Snoopdogie,
I just wanted to check in and let you know that I do not have Spybot although AOL has something called spy zapper that runs when we first get on-line. We do not have high speed internet as it is not available in my area out in the country. I have had AOL for years and have not had any problems with any other programs. That was interesting about using aol.pogo.com or pogo.aol.com. I will try that and let you know.
Have fun on your spring break and thanks for looking into this for me. I will let you know if those web addresses work for me.
Old 03-14-2008, 10:55 AM   #15
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

I will be able to bette jugde this over next week since then I have to use aol (dial up), and I will go try and play something and see. For aol i usually use the keyword (can open it by pressing 'alt' or 'ctrl' + k ) and then typing "See All Games" (without quotes" and it use to bring me to the corect page. you can try using internet explorer to go to www.aol.pogo.com and see if that helps at all. Also make sure you have everything up to date, even windows since this may affect it.

Also just to add, I think you said you have mcafee firewall, I would check windows firewall t makesure it is really off also. I think I have had some problems with it when I first got this computer.
Old 03-14-2008, 06:40 PM   #16
Registered Member

I tried going through keyword "see all games" and still couldn't get the game to load. Then I cleared the footprints in Aol and cleared all the temporary internet files, cookies and history in IE. I then went to Windows and disabled the firewall and went to McAfee and disabled that firewall and tried again. I am still getting the message that it could not load game images. I did finally get a response from EA Customer Support for Pogo. They sent me a link to download an Easyinfo program to send my computer information to them and guess what....the link came up with an error saying the file attachment was not found. I didn't even get to step two that they told me to do. I replied to them and told them that and am waiting on a response from them. I will keep you posted on what I hear from them.
Hope you are enjoying the beginning of your break from school!
Old 03-14-2008, 06:41 PM   #17
Registered Member

PS...I went to IE and tried the websites you listed and got "website" not found on both of them.
Old 03-14-2008, 09:59 PM   #18
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

thank you, so far started to fix a few things lol.

But can you please send me that link in a PM and I will see if I can download it.

Also for future refernce, you should only use one firewall, either the mcafee one or the windows one. McAfee firewall is probably better then the windows firewall and should give you more control over it.

I am also using dial up through aol (i am using AOL 9.1, I think I deleted AOL 9 VR already, and I also have the AOL desktop which I can test on that if you want).

Also can you play any other java games on your computer? If you cant find one I should have one book marked.
Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #19
Registered Member

EEK!

I am sending the link as a PM. I meant to do that the first time.
OOPS!
Old 03-15-2008, 08:32 AM   #20
Registered Member

Hope the link works for you. I am going to disable the Windows firewall and leave McAfee running.