Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

pogo could not load game images

This is a discussion on pogo could not load game images within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. They happen to sent an out-dated link to you but click here: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1 i searched their site and found the

Old 03-15-2008, 08:29 AM   #21
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

They happen to sent an out-dated link to you but click here:
http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...i=&p_topview=1

i searched their site and found the program they told you to use. Just right click on "EasyInfo v2 for Pogo.exe" at the bottom of the page and selete save as and save it to your desktop and run it the way they told you to.

and with just McAfee firewall on, windows is tellling you that you currently do not have a firewall running on your computer if I am correct?

Snoopdogie187 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 04:52 PM   #22
Registered Member

I got another e-mail from EA Support today and they told me to use IE or Firefox as the browser.....been there..done that. They got my Easyinfo sheet but had nothing to add to help me solve this issue. I will keep you posted.
Hope you are relaxing and enjoying your spring break!

Old 03-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #23
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

It may be a problem between java and vista or with java with vista and how pogo does the games. Can you play a game called overflow? it is a game that just is a game you play by yourself and no chat and more simple.

Most of my spring break has been not too bad, ran into a few problems today though. and thank you
Old 03-25-2008, 06:49 AM   #24
Registered Member

Good Morning Snoopdogie,
Just wanted to let you know that I have been getting e-mails from EA Support although all they have recommended are things that I have previously tried. I am still unable to play games on pogo. I have tried going through Firefox as the browser and that didn't work either. I also uninstalled Java and reinstalled it and that didn't work either as well as downloaded Microsoft VM again.
Did you have a nice spring break? I bet that it went fast. We ended up with some snow for Easter Sunday. We are hoping that is the end of the snow for this winter!
Let me know if you were able to figure anything out. I really don't think that it is an AOL issue as I have a friend that is on a different internet provider and they are having the same issue. I also do not believe that she is running McAfee as her virus protection. I think the only thing we have in common is that she has a new computer with Vista too. I really think it is a pogo and vista issue.
Hope you aren't loaded down with homework already!
Old 03-28-2008, 05:26 PM   #25
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hello
my spring break wasn't too bad, just right after was kind of bad, but everything is normal now. and yes spring break went by too fast.
we didn't ge any snow but the temp has been kind of warm last few days anyway.
as for homework, its backto normal already, it was like the work was only paused for a few days.

do you have vista service pack one yet? im not sure if you can get it or not, i been trying to install it and it refuses, so now im trying a few other ways. i do have a lot of problems with vista so it can just be vista.
Old 02-12-2009, 02:14 PM   #26
Registered Member

Hey, i was having the same problem... i figured it out... go to control panel... classic view....java... under the general tab click settings.. delete files.. and uncheck keep temp files..... then restart browser... good luck
Old 02-13-2009, 09:56 AM   #27
Registered Member

I just tried what you said, restarted my computer, went to pogo and tried to load dominoes and got the same "cannot load game images" error page. We have been able to finally get into pop-it on pogo but that is the only game on pogo we have been able to get to load. Do you have any more ideas I might be able to try? Thanks for trying.
Old 02-22-2009, 02:34 AM   #28
Registered Member

i am having the same 'images not loading' problem. i have tried all the same fixes you listed here. i have mcaffee, spybot and vista home basic. i have changed options and turned them all off at one time or another, nothing works. i also have a laptop with xp home edition that is having the same pogo errors. just a couple of weeks ago, i could load monopoly from pogo and play just fine on both computers. every now and then i would get the error message but all i had to do was empty my history, etc. now that doesn't even work and i am going through monopoly withdrawls!! please, please get me back into monopoly (POGO).
P.S. i should mention that i can still play certain other games at the pogo site, i have only noticed the error messages while trying to load monopoly or scrabble.
Thanks!!
Old 02-27-2009, 05:56 AM   #29
Registered Member

I wish that I could help you but I can't as I haven't been able to fix the problem myself. I was able to get into popp-it on pogo the last few weeks but now I can't even get into that anymore. I have researched the problem and tried everything that I have read to do with no luck. I have contacted ea support for pogo games and they weren't any help, I have contacted mcafee support and spent over two hours with them. I disabled all of my mcafee to see if that was the problem and it wasn't. I am at my wits end too. I haven't been able to play games on pogo for well over a year now. If you come up with something to try please let me know. I will do the same if I ever figure the problem out. I miss playing games on pogo too but have found that yahoo games load right up. Good luck.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:45 AM   #30
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, looking more into it, if one of you doesn't mind.

Can you completely uninstall your current java, everything. Including settings, caches, etc.

Then try installing Java(TM) 2 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.4.2_16

It is an older java, the first available that is for vista. I am wondering if it is something to do with the newer versions of java. It is just something I came across as a possible problem (people saying it happened after updating java).

Thank you
Old 03-05-2009, 04:51 PM   #31
Registered Member

Hi Snoopdogie,
Hope school is going well. Thanks for checking into this again. I unistalled my java and loaded the version you suggested. I restarted my computer and tried to load games in pogo and am still getting the "cannot load game images" error. I was really hoping that would solve the issue but unfortunately it didn't. If you have any more ideas please let me know as it has been well over a year now and I still can't play games on pogo. I was able to get in and play popp-it for a short time but now it won't let me into that game on pogo either. I don't understand. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2009, 08:50 PM   #32
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, thank you.
I will still try to put some thought into this. I'm sure its some little thing that everyone much be over looking. I have been trying to research this a lot, it seems a lot of people have this problem and the only solution I found was to download these random files that are supose to work but I tend to think they aren't really that safe.

I found one person that said they had success with using a different account on their computer.

I have noticed that any OS listed for this problem is Vista. Which makes me wonder what vista is doing to cause this. Are you sure the vista firewall is off (or if it is your only firewall, turn it off for a short time to test), also turn off other vista features you can, maybe use an admin account if you're not (but i would think you are).

Something else, restart your computer and try going into safe mode with networking, although i dont think this would work because it won't load java, but the game might be able to load it.

if you are using aol, try going to http://games.aol.com/ in internet explorer. I always use this when I play (I never actual use aol on my laptop with vista unless I need dial up).

Sorry I know this is a lot of random things, I'm trying not to say restore to factory and reinsatll everything, it may help but it may also not work either.
Old 03-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #33
Registered Member

I am hoping somebody comes up with something on this issue. Here's how strange it is for me, I can sign on thru my AOL account and play pogo all day long. However, if I don't wanna get online thru AOL, I just go to IE, and go to pogo.com, guess what? I get that same ole stupid OOPS! error. I am thinking of hiring somebody local to help me with this, so I can play straight thru IE, because I want to delete AOL off my computer. Hope somebody comes up with something!
Old 04-13-2009, 09:49 AM   #34
Registered Member

I cannot ply thru AOL Firefox or explorer and have friends with the same problem I have tried error fix uninstalled reinstalled I just want to know if anyone has a fix.
I am having POGO withdrawls BAD
Old 04-16-2009, 05:15 PM   #35
Registered Member

hi everyone...just found this site as i am researching why I can't get into my favorite pogo games after upgrading java........i played for years with no real problems, then a couple weeks ago they told me i had to upgrade java. mind you, all their "tests" showed my java was working fine...now i can get into pogo games that i have never played before, but cant get into my old ones. I have done all of the things you have been told to do also.........no use........their support is horrible ! would appreciate any help anyone can give me..............i am running windows XP, so its not just a Vista problem...............betlujo
Old 04-16-2009, 08:53 PM   #36
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

Hi, you may want to try going to
Start -> Control Panel -> Java
then on the lower part of that pop up box, it should say Temporary internet files, under that click settings.
Then click delete files.
make sure everything is checked and click ok.
Old 04-18-2009, 11:31 PM   #37
Registered Member

The 'Cannot load game images' error is mainly caused by the AOL Top Speed software.Follow the steps.......>>>

To clear the AOL TopSpeed cache for AOL 9.0 Security Edition or AOL 9.0 VR:

On the AOL toolbar, click the Settings icon. >Click the Internet (Web) Options link.>Click the Clear My Footprints tab. >Click the Clear My Footprints button.
>Click the Yes button. >Click the Save button.

Hopefully this will resolve your issue of game images not loading.....lemme kno if not?
Old 04-18-2009, 11:57 PM   #38
Registered Member

If ya are getting the 'Update Java' error messageits becauz ur browser is reading an older version of Java that is still on your machine.

The easiest way to delete all older versions will definately work this out.

>>Go to the Start menu >>Click on Control Panel >>Double-click on Add/Remove Programs
>>>Remove all older versions of Java by selecting them from the menu and clicking on the Remove button.

Make sure you restart ur pc. If you still receive the same message please let me kno. will try next....

Quote:
Originally Posted by betlujo View Post
hi everyone...just found this site as i am researching why I can't get into my favorite pogo games after upgrading java........i played for years with no real problems, then a couple weeks ago they told me i had to upgrade java. mind you, all their "tests" showed my java was working fine...now i can get into pogo games that i have never played before, but cant get into my old ones. I have done all of the things you have been told to do also.........no use........their support is horrible ! would appreciate any help anyone can give me..............i am running windows XP, so its not just a Vista problem...............betlujo
Old 05-20-2009, 01:25 PM   #39
Registered Member

hope this helps someone........i am using windows xp....dial up connection....when told to update JAVA started having real problems. after a month of tearing my hair out over this.........i finally found a nice guy at pogo support who advised me to uninstall the Java 13 and then reboot the computer. then go to java.sun.com/products/archive and download jre-6u7-windows this is an older version of java and solved most of my problems...........hope this helps someone........if you are having problems with scrambled sound, like i was also, go to your start menu, run, type in DXDIRECT and run the sound tests...i had to turn the acceleration off and then it worked fine.....BJ
Old 05-20-2009, 01:48 PM   #40
Oh! What shall I be?

My System

thnk you for your input, I was trying to say the same thing, but not going through it i can't test what exactly works or not.
thank you, hopefully it does help someone