Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Need help with router configurations for Xbox Live

2K views 11 replies 2 participants last post by  Kellen Thomson 
#1 ·
Hello everyone!

I've been having some problems with my Xbox connection. For the past few months I've been experiencing some nasty lag and I don't know why. I've talked with Xbox Support and with my ISP (Telus) and they both think there's a problem with my router configuration, but neither of them know how to fix it.

Before I go into more detail, is there anyone here that thinks they might be able to help? I'd be very grateful. I'm not sure where else to go to find help with this.

#10 ·
It looks to me like my connection meets the minimum standards for Live. Besides, I've always had this speed, but I haven't always experienced this horrible lag. I think it might have started when I got my modem/router replaced last September, which is one reason why I think it's a configuration problem. Do you know what the proper configurations are for Xbox Live? I'm also getting an error code when I test my connection. I can give the code to you if you want to see it.

#11 ·
Here's the error code:

W: 0000-000B
X: 0000-F0001
Z: 20A8-4860
ID: FFFF-FFFF
L: 0015-10F0
Q: 8007-0435
T: Wired (or wireless depending on my type of connection at that moment)
A: 192.168.1.64/255.255.255.0
G: 192.168.1.354
D: 192.168.1.354/75.153.176.9

I get this when I test my Xbox Live connection. I've checked around the internet and found other people that have gotten the same code, but it doesn't seem like any of them got it resolved (or if they did, they never posted the resolution). Xbox Support told me I have a router configuration problem but didn't know exactly what the problem was, and telus tech support told me that the problem was out of their depth (lol?). :banghead:

#12 ·
UPDATE:

Just spoke with Telus Tech Support Plus. The guy took a look at my router and forwarded the needed ports for Xbox Live and made sure everything was properly configured. And yet, I'm still getting that same error report and this ungodly lag.

I've concluded from all this that there isn't a single person alive that knows what the problem is. Or maybe it's all in my head.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.