Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Help! Online gaming disconnecting multiple times.

4K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Akshay Dwivedi 
#1 ·
Hi my Online gaming has been very stressful because of my frequent and constant disconnection throughout these years. I've tried so many ways to fix these problems, spent so much money on trying to fix my computer and upgrade it to make performance in game more satisfying.
During my experience playing Counter Strike: Global Offense in Steam, every time I play in either casual, competitive, or any server, it keeps on saying "Warning: Auto-Disconnecting in X seconds." This have been bothering me ever since I started playing. Even in games like League of Legends or Diablo 3 ROS, it constantly disconnects me from the game.
Even though my computer is really not recommended for gaming, I choose to anyway. Just if you see my profile on what I'm using.
INFO of my internet provider if someone decides to help me.
Modem/Router:
ARRIS DG1670

TIME WARNER CABLE ULTIMATE PLAN
Usually getting 72.0mbps-144.0mbps (Right clicking on Home network name, clicking on Status)

Using a USB to Ethernet cable Adapter (Product: StarTech.com)
-0-100mbps 3ft Ethernet Cable plugged in port one of Arris Modem.

Also is it normal when looking at the status you see that on the Activity section Bytes Sent is idle and Received is Idle most of the time when I'm in-game.
Also sometimes when in-game I tend to look at the status the sent is sending 10-200 bytes each second and the received is stopped. I was told the "packets" stop sending.

See less See more
#3 ·
Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-2410M CPU @ 2.30GHz
RAM: 8gb
System type: 64bit

I really don't know whats inside my pc but all i know is that I'm using a laptop Dell inspiron 14z. everything i bought to make this pc was made in the Dell shop.

I ran speedtest and the results are Speedtest.net by Ookla - My Results
I think its very good because my friend's is lower than mine but his connection is stable unlike mine.

#5 ·
I'm currently living with my parents and I don't know if I could speak with my ISP.
Also TBH i don't really know how to check the connection line. If you don't mind, could you explain to me?
Can I check if my ISP is blocking ports without calling them? Is there alternative ways?

#7 ·
I used to face this issue and discovered that the DNS of my PC was set to some value assigned by the ISP. I manually changed the DNS to 8.8.8.8 (Primary) and 8.8.4.4 (Secondary) and the disconnections stopped.

You can also try these steps if the above didn't work:

1. Set a static IP address for the PC on which you play games
2. Enable DMZ towards this IP address
3. Disable your Anti-virus and Firewall completely

But this is just a temporary solution. Try these 3 steps and playing a game online and see if the disconnections still occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.