Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Online/Network Gaming Support

Can't connect my psp to router

This is a discussion on Can't connect my psp to router within the Online/Network Gaming Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. my psp detects the router (a netgear n150) but can't connect to it as it cant find the access point

Old 05-18-2011, 11:43 PM   #1
Registered Member

my psp detects the router (a netgear n150) but can't connect to it as it cant find the access point when it tries

I have tried removing the security from my router as well as manually entering the info into the psp

Old 05-19-2011, 12:45 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows XP 32-bit/64-bit, Ubuntu x64, Windows 7 x64

My System

Hi Sparta1893 and welcome to TSF,
I had the same issue with my PSP-1000 it seems it has trouble receving IP info from some newer routers (later models 2XXX and 3XXX dont have this issue it seems). So what you'll have to do is go into the router setup page and add your PSP to the Wireless DHCP static list (eg. 192.168.X.XXX with the PSP's MAC address.)
Then go to your PSP and manually setup the network conection and added the IP address you have chosen.
Test the connection and it should connect.

Aus_Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2011, 09:58 PM   #3
Registered Member

I'm not familiar with how to do that, but (with the manual of the router being no help) I checked every setting and anything that allowed me to enter a Mac address.

I tried the following, first I entered an exception via Lan Setup>address reservation, I then entered a value for the ip address as well as the psp's mac address

Then entering the values for the ip/subnet mask/default router/primary DNs/Secondary DNS

I still encountered the same problem as before where the psp can detect a server fine, but upon attempting to connect tells me:
"A connection error has occurred. A connection to the access point could not be established. Check the security settings for the network and try again"

I'm not knowledgeable to know If I'm entering the correct values or if it is a different problem (and despite searching, internet guides on the subject seem lacking)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:14 PM   #4
Registered Member

bumping from beyond page 10