Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Trophy Akm 74/2

This is a discussion on S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Trophy Akm 74/2 within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. If anyone has a clue... I have recently gotten into the Stalker series and had a question. On Clear Sky

Old 06-15-2011, 11:39 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: 7 Pro; XP Home; XP Pro; 2000 Pro; 2000 Server; NT; 98 SE; 95; 3.11

If anyone has a clue... I have recently gotten into the Stalker series and had a question. On Clear Sky after arriving in the Cordon and upon completing the mission series for Sidorovich, you can get a side mission from a Stalker at the Village novice base to obtain a custom Akm 74/2. The rifle, located at the Vehicle Station, fires 54mm sniper rounds and packs a nice punch. A guy on GameFaqs claims that this weapon can be upgraded but I've yet to find a willing location. Has anyone heard of this or happened upon a location to upgrade custom weapons? thanks

Old 06-16-2011, 03:06 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

The weapon can be upgraded, but I don't know where. Now I haven't played Clear Sky much past the first mission but at least with CoP the weapon dealers/modifiers and similar vendors will serve you only if you're of a certain faction or have a certain title/achievement or will only give special services if the requirements are met. Virtually every faction in the zone uses this weapon (with the exception of the Ecologists and the Monolith), most experienced members of a faction use this as their weapon of choice so really just try looking for every possible person that will upgrade weapons, I'll give you a list of them:

Aydar
Forester
Garin
Limpid
Novikov
Thunderov
Van
Yar

Old 06-16-2011, 03:18 PM   #3
Registered Member

The CoP and Clear Sky guidelines are slightly different but I am going to try joining the individual factions and then upgrading. As far as I'm seen though, faction memberships do not guideline weapon mods, any mechanic will help, even if your in "enemy" status. Forester does not upgrade anything, ever, only repair. Thanks Wolf
Old 06-19-2011, 12:40 AM   #4
Registered Member

Wolf, nothing but respect, but your wrong on this one. Joined Duty... no, Freedom.... no, Bandits.... no, Loners..... no and no..... according to Stalker Wikia Trophy Akm 47/2 - The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Wiki - Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat and more it can't be upgraded.
Old 06-19-2011, 07:55 AM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

my bad I was looking at Akm-74/2 - The S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Wiki - Shadow of Chernobyl, Clear Sky, Call of Pripyat and more I didn't realise it was called a 'trophy akm' - really sorry about that. maybe you can find some mods by other people that change it?

thing is - in the thread title you say you want the 74/2 but in the link you give it says akm 47/2
Old 06-19-2011, 01:18 PM   #6
Registered Member

Wolf, much respect once again but.... the thread title IS S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky Trophy Akm 74/2.... tired? And I did refer to it as having 54mm shells instead of 39mm..... sry about the bold letters, my browser is freaking out man, another affect of under-power usage :)
Old 06-19-2011, 01:54 PM   #7
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

I understand it was the Trophy AKm except I didn't see the Trophy Akm entry in the Wiki (or rather didn't look, for some reason I didn't assume there'd be an entry)

Anyway you found out it could not be modded, so I believe that means your problem is more or less solved?