Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Project CARS! ( Slightly Mad Studios)

38K views 628 replies 16 participants last post by  Redeye3323 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
A New racing Sim is in the making by SMS(Slightly Mad Studios) called Project CARS
SMS(Slightly Mad Studios) are the same guy's that brought us "Need for Speed" and "Shift Series" Played a BIG part in "Simbin's GTR" and "GTR2"

Project CARS is the First ever Community Funded Race Simulatsion Project CARS – WMD Portal

Project CARS is shaping up to be the Best Racing Sim I have ever seen,
take a look at in game vids here: <Dead Video Link Removed>
Yes, in game footage NOT rendered NOT tidied up in any way, (REAL in game footage)

pCARS is still a WIP and where it's at now is the Pre-Alpha stage, the latest Pre-Alpha build (04/05/2012) is version 0.207, and is certainly a project worthy of support. Over at WMD(World of Mass Development) they are working very hard with pCARS to complete a final release(2013)...Read Here: WMD Portal

(For PC.......Porting to..PS3/xBOX/Wii) Release 2013

See less See more
#3 ·
I've Been involved about four months helping it grow :wink:...Even at this stage (Pre-Alpha) it's stunning visually, the game play needs working, as do a lot of things :wink: But to be involved is truly amazing :thumb:

Swifty

#7 ·
#10 ·
Hi blesslot :)

The thing with pCARS (Community Assisted Race Sim) is that you get to see what is involved in the making of a PC Game, at this time pCARS is in Pre-Alpha (normally, at this stage in the making, only the developers work behind closed doors) but now with pCARS the Dev's have opened the doors so that the community get to download the Pre-Alpha builds and play with pCARS now, and get to help make the game too :)
The stages in development are: Pre-Alpha, Alpha, Beta, then a final release ;)
pCARS has at least 12 months to go before Finale release, on PC, xBox, and wii :)

Swifty

#9 ·
SwiftyOne said:
Sorry blesslot...An old link, and movie :wink:

pCARS b282 Atom500V8 Eifelwald - YouTube

Project CARS Community Gallery #30 &#150; WMD Portal

Could I ask Admin's ...Can I update this thread on a weekly bases, without being a spammer :flowers:

Cheers

Swifty
Hey Swifty,

That is ok as long as you don't advertise and have no affiliation with the Project (such as a Public Relations worker or something).

Basically, take a look at the Forum Rules and if you aren't breaking them, we have no issues with your posting :)

-Redeye

#11 · (Edited)
Hello all :)
I just would like to share some info on a Next generation PC Racing Sim, called Project CARS made by SMS (Slightly Mad Studies) who, if your into Racing Sim, made NFS and Shift series, and also had a hand in GTR/GTR2.
Project CARS(Community Assisted Race Sim).....The pCARS gallery is now on# 32:
Project CARS Community Gallery #32 – WMD Portal

The latest Video shows off real time weather and clouds..All WIP
Project CARS "Dance Of The Earth" on Vimeo

Project CARS for PC, XBox, PS3, Wii....Watch this space for weekly updates :thumb:

Swifty

#13 ·
Hi Wrench97 :smile:

Totally awesome project (Not just saying that because I'm a member :angel: )

The more you look into Project CARS the more interesting it becomes :wink:
The concept is New, but seems a brilliant way for the gaming industry to go :cool:

Thanks for your help too :thumb:

Cheers ..
Swifty

#14 ·
Hello Racing Fans :smile:

Talented WMD members have put together yet another awesome Project CARS Community Gallery#33, including 45 stunning shots for everyone to enjoy. :popcorn:

Project CARS Community Gallery #33 – WMD Portal

Thanks all..:thumb:

Swifty

#16 ·
#17 ·
Hi all :thumb:

It’s Sunday and to end your week on a high note, our talented WMD members have created 65 stunning Project CARS screen-shots to feast your eyes on.

Project CARS Gallery #34 :popcorn:
Project CARS Community Gallery #34 – WMD Portal

Thanks..
Swifty

#19 · (Edited)
Hi bwsealirl ;)

Project CARS is still in Pre-Alpha Build (not yet a Beta) The release date of the finished Sim is late 2013...But you can download the latest Pre-Alpha build for as little as 10euros, which includes 20 tracks+27 Cars to test out for yourself.
Although 10euros is a small amount, please be aware it's still WIP and things may not work as intended or not work at all :) having said that, there is lots of help and support at the forum (links in this thread)and that lots of people are enjoying this already, and having fun :thumb:

Here is a recent video: Project CARS - Night ride at Bologna - YouTube!

#20 ·
#24 · (Edited)
Hello SwiftyOne! Ian talking here. First of all, sorry for disturbing this thread... I want to ask you something. What are the payment options for buying the game right now and where could i find the page with info about it? I would really love to start playing it!
Thanks.
P.S. The game looks really great. Cant wait to test it!

#25 ·
Hi Ian :)
Sorry I've taken so long to answer :wink: First follow this link: About – WMD Portal
Then Click "Read Press Release" You should then get a PDF file open in you browser (You will need a PDF reader to open this, I use Adobe Reader, but any PDF reader will do) once you did that, scroll down the PDF file which should give you the answers you seek :wink:

All members, at this time, have access to DAILY Builds until further notice..So that Multiplayer can be tested across all users :thumb:

Swifty

#27 ·
Hi
@ Ian..Yeah, Paypal was chosen as the preferred way of payment as it's easy for the returns system, and people felt that also this way is more secure for moving money around.. :)

@ vijaykumarA...Glad your enjoying pCARS, :) There are lots of things in the pipeline coming in the next few weeks, so watch this space!! ;)

#30 · (Edited by Moderator)
Hello people, hope your all doing well :wink:

Project CARS gallery #38, has been put up for your pleasure..Enjoy!! :popcorn:

Project CARS Community Gallery #38 – WMD Portal

Also....Community Funding for this Sim, has almost reached the target of €3.75 Million, once reached, doors will be closed on funding, which means, no more builds to play with :nono: until the game is finished and released to retail outlets...

Cheers all...
Swifty

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.