Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

Most Memorable Gaming Moment

This is a discussion on Most Memorable Gaming Moment within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. What is your most memorable gaming moment? Funnily enough, mine isn't about Oblivion...lol. Mine would have to be when i

Old 09-10-2006, 07:43 AM   #1
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

What is your most memorable gaming moment?
Funnily enough, mine isn't about Oblivion...lol.
Mine would have to be when i was playing a LAN of BFME2 with two friends.

In previous games on the same map with the same enemies, the enemies would always attack the person in the lower left corner, and leave the other two alone, this always ended up in this person getting slaughtered...

So we started a new game and i took the post in the lower left corner and we decided to each get our custom heroes out as quickly as we could and gaurd my base while we built up our armies. (We can create the custom heroes in less than 40 seconds and each one can easily take on an army on its own ;))

So, what happens... nothing. The enemy sends a couple battlions to the lower right side of the map, scouts mainly, but there is no massive horde like there was in the previous games.

This confused me, as we were versing 3 medium enemies, all of which were on the same team.
I sent my hero up to their bases to see what was going on and within a few minutes we had won the game, with little more than three heros.
What the?

It's not really an amazing thing or a feat of skill, it was just so random.
Goes to show that no matter how predictable the AI seems, it can always manage to do some other wierd thing...:3-crackup:

So, what's your fondest gaming memory?
Advertisement

Old 09-11-2006, 06:47 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

I remember that, Tiber. That was so strange.

One of my most memorable moments was in Far Cry. It'll be a little hard to explain, but I'll do my best.

There's a point in the game where a certain dirt road meets a shed. The shed has doors at either end, but opens onto a tiny wooden dock and the ocean on one side. I was hacking along this road in a buggy, and when I got to the shed, I didn't stop - just charged on through. As I got to the second door of the shed, two mercenaries stepped out into my path (dumb idea). I slammed into them and kept moving, and the buggy zoomed straight off the dock, and into the water.

I jumped out of the buggy just before it hit the water, and managed to shoot another mercenary who was standing on the dock about 10 metres away, before splashing into the ocean. (At which point I hastened to remove myself from the vicinity of the buggy, because as anyone who has played the game will know, the vehicles explode if left under water.)

All this happened in the space of about 2 or 3 seconds. It was so cool, and yet I'll never be able to repeat it, or convey it's coolness properly...
Indoril Nerevar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2006, 06:56 AM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Hehe, yeah, i've had some pretty memorable Far Cry moments too, though most of them usually end up with me accidentally falling off of a cliff somehow while i was trying to snipe, sometimes it's just so hard to see where the cliff is because there are bushes in the way...
Oh, well. *shrugs*
Old 09-13-2006, 10:12 PM   #4
Resident Alchemist

Send a message via AIM to JeremyC
UUUUUUMMMMMMM

When Psycho Mantis read my memory card then he made my rumble controler move(by rumble of course) in MGS 1.
JeremyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2006, 11:59 AM   #5
Registered Member

Send a message via ICQ to defwack Send a message via AIM to defwack Send a message via MSN to defwack
This may be a little oldschool, but so am I.

Mortal Kombat 3 was in the arcade, and featured a mysterious "Ultimate Kombat Kode" (UKK) entry screen that popped up after the credits when you beat the game. This was before the internet was helpful for things like this (no online FAQs or anything), so you just had to guess or get lucky for codes.

There were 10 symbols in the UKK, and each corresponded to one of the punch/kick/block buttons on the console. Pressing a button would cycle through the dozen or so symbols for that slot. The game had been out for a while, and nobody knew the UKK or what would happen if it were entered correctly.

I forget where I found it, but I got wind of a rumor about the UKK, and spent the day in class memorizing the number of presses for each button that it would take to enter the UKK as I had it. The machine only gave you about 10-15 seconds to enter it, and there were 10 spaces to cycle through.

That night I went to the arcade with a friend of mine, but other people were already playing at the MK3. My friend and I went over and played a few games of Killer Instinct while we waited, but soon drew a crowd because we were the two best fighting-game players in our arcade.

While in the middle of a game, I heard from behind me the sound of someone beating the MK3 game, and without even waiting to finish my match of KI, I leaped between all the people that were gathered around and started tapping in the MK3 UKK as fast as I could.

It was pretty surreal, because the entire arcade went quiet as this was happening (they must have sensed that something "important" was going down). After I put in the last digit, and the machine accepted the code, the screen started going crazy and all kinds of sounds were coming out of the speakers. The machine spoke in that deep MK voice about unlocking the UKK and everyone in the arcade went nuts.

All it did was unlock Smoke as a playable character, but the mystery adn spectacle were intense, and I got to be "that guy" at the arcade that unlocked the UKK.
defwack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2006, 09:09 AM   #6
Registered Member

Morrowind: killing Dagoth Ur. I was scared, tired and sweaty .. worked some till I killed him, but I was very happy when I did it.
dojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 07:11 PM   #7
Registered Member

Final Fantasy VII, when Aeris dies. I was shocked. I cried. The battling following her death was so poignant. I used all of my summons and fought that battle like it was real. It still brings a bit of a tear to my eyes.
imported_Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 08:05 PM   #8
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister View Post
Final Fantasy VII, when Aeris dies. I was shocked. I cried. The battling following her death was so poignant. I used all of my summons and fought that battle like it was real. It still brings a bit of a tear to my eyes.
Now thats what I call gaming devotion...
Word2Action is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 12:07 AM   #9
Registered Member

Watching my friend's little brother play Mario Brothers when we were in elementary school. He was fou years younger than us and such a ittle twirp. LOL!

He was what they cll paddle plaer and it wa so funny to watch him jump and move his entire body when he id so.

What was really funny is whenhe got reall into it and he fell out of a chair and onto the floor because he was making a REALLY BIG jump.

We laughed so hard at him.
sbarber77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 11:24 AM   #10
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sister View Post
I'm right there with ya, Sister! I mean, I KNEW that it was coming and everything but I still felt it. I just got up and walked away. Didn't go back to the game for at least 2 months. My room mate still sheds a tear just hearing the music.

That, my friends, is what gaming SHOULD be.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2006, 06:38 PM   #11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebackhus View Post
I'm right there with ya, Sister! I mean, I KNEW that it was coming and everything but I still felt it. I just got up and walked away. Didn't go back to the game for at least 2 months. My room mate still sheds a tear just hearing the music.

That, my friends, is what gaming SHOULD be.
HIGH FIVE!!! I'm not kidding when I say I am an RPG fanatic. I am INTO this stuff in a big way. :)
imported_Sister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2006, 10:00 AM   #12
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

hmmm....I've had a few of them I guess. Most recent was when I was playing Half Life 2. I was going through the part where you can't touch the sand for a reason I will leave out. Anyways, I get to the end and the Queen Ant-Lion was attacking me. I'm throwing everything I have at her: gernages, secondary gernade launcher on the little machine gun thing, even the pistol! Well I developed a tactic of running away with sprint, stopping shooting what I have and waiting for her charge. Then I dodge her charge and sprint away again and do it over. Well she got off a good kick on a crate and it hit me knocking my health down to 5! I thought, well this is it so I turned to shoot, but my machine gun was out of ammo. I just hit my mouse scroll wheel and it landed on the automatic pulse gun....thingy. I thought, why not! I started blasting away only have 30 shots left. She started charging and, I kid you not, the very last bullet killed her before she got to me....I had to shut the game off after I saved it. My heart was about to jump out of my chest!
gamerman0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 05:30 PM   #13
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to EwokWrangler

The first one of my two is the lesser of them, but still cool in its own right. I'd gotten hooked on Skies of Arcadia (DC), which is odd b/c I'm not really much of an RPGamer. Anyway, I'm on the last battle, and I swear it took me a half a damn hour to defeat this guy. But anyway, my characters are in the mid-40 level range and I'm having a hard time, but I finally pull the win out of my *** and watch the final cutscene. I'd been building up to that point for a good 2 months (on and off; 40+hours I put in if I remember correctly). The story is fantastic, and I was so attached to the game and the characters, I didn't want it to end. Damn, I think I'm going to have to buy the GC version...

Second one, and the most...chilling (you'll see why) moment I can remember was in Shenmue 2. I got my hands on a copy of the DC European import and was playing that. If you've played it, you know that the first 3/4 or so is the real action and the last quarter...well, I won't ruin it. Anyway, I'm playing through and I'm in the cave at the end. When you get into that back room...and put the sword in the stone podium...and the room lights up as the sword levitates...Then the two mirrors engraved into the huge wall in the back...I've never gotten a chill like that before in my life. What's even better was I picked up the Xbox version the day it came out. Watched the CG Movie DVD that was thrown together (pretty well, I might add) from cutscenes from the first game. Played through entirely again and got the same chills at the end. Never played a game like that again. Damn you Sega for not releasing Shenmue 3 in the US! I still love ya anyway. :1-grin:
EwokWrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2006, 08:54 PM   #14
Dragonfire

I haven't really had any extremely memorable moments, but a couple of weeks ago I was playing the MMORPG FlyFF. I was battling mobs that were about 5 levels higher than myself and killing them in 3-4 shots (because I was a mage and mages in the game have the most power). Well, suddenly like 5 aggros spawned around me, and I managed to take them out one-by-one, the last one I killed when I had 10 HP left.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:27 AM   #15
Registered Member

Completing GTA-San Andreas 100%

432 Hours. You can imagine the relief
DevilStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 09:36 AM   #16
aka mr.fraggs

My System

Send a message via ICQ to Fr4665 Send a message via AIM to Fr4665 Send a message via MSN to Fr4665 Send a message via Yahoo to Fr4665
being godly in diablo2 good times it wasnt a moment it was over a 5 months span until i stopped playing.

besides that massacring teams in CAL CS Matches and making a movie about it getting 3 to 5 Headshots everyround and totaly annihalating. those times are long gone now i just luck myself around

In a COD2 ESL match screaming at my friend for being a moron ... we were all dead on ventrilo and he runs to the bomb (it was a search and destroy map) and we scream hes right infront of you !!! the guy was defusing and he keeps shooting at a dead guy on the ground while the bomb is in the deadguys head and the other dude doesnt get it that hes standing infront of him i freaked hahaha.
Fr4665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 04:21 PM   #17
ole'

My System

when i pwned a lvl 30+ clan by my self in rakion with a lvl 12

it was like 5 people also.
forcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #18
TSF Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamerman0203 View Post
hmmm....I've had a few of them I guess. Most recent was when I was playing Half Life 2. I was going through the part where you can't touch the sand for a reason I will leave out. Anyways, I get to the end and the Queen Ant-Lion was attacking me. I'm throwing everything I have at her: gernages, secondary gernade launcher on the little machine gun thing, even the pistol! Well I developed a tactic of running away with sprint, stopping shooting what I have and waiting for her charge. Then I dodge her charge and sprint away again and do it over. Well she got off a good kick on a crate and it hit me knocking my health down to 5! I thought, well this is it so I turned to shoot, but my machine gun was out of ammo. I just hit my mouse scroll wheel and it landed on the automatic pulse gun....thingy. I thought, why not! I started blasting away only have 30 shots left. She started charging and, I kid you not, the very last bullet killed her before she got to me....I had to shut the game off after I saved it. My heart was about to jump out of my chest!

Here's a tip. The next time you play HL2, and you get to that section, carry some planks and anything else you can use to climb on. Put the planks down on the sand and prop them up on the ledge and climb back up. The ant lion can't get you up there, and you can blast away.

I got a big surprise playing HL2, episode one, when I got to the part where you have to face the big ant lion in the city. I've got Gordon running around all over the place shooting and running. I duck around the side of the APC and the big ant lion runs into the APC and the APC rolls over on him and kills him. Talk about a surprise.
bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2006, 05:18 PM   #19
TSF Team Emeritus, Networking Team

OS: Windows Vista Business SP1, Windows XP Professional SP3

My System

Defeating Ghaleon in Lunar 1. He was definitely the hardest boss encounter in a RPG I have ever seen by a mile and oh so worth it to beat. While I was never a huge fan of the game, the boss encounter made up for it in sheer terror and difficulty.

Don't know how hard he is? Well imagine a boss who can almost kill the entire party in a single turn, every turn, since he can do two turns for every one of yours. Oh yes, and he levels up as you do so you will never outstrip him.

Do you really not know how hard he is? He's so hard you will continually lose even while cheating with a GameShark. The developers who worked on that game obviously put far too many zeroes into his stats. I only finally beat him (only once without cheating) after three hours in combat at max level with the best equipment and items in the game.

Most memorable? Absolutely. More bosses need to be like him, though slightly less *cluck!**quack!**honk!*

Virus/Trojan/Spyware Removal Help
Donate!
Cellus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2006, 10:28 AM   #20
Don't be a menace

When you're playing Star Craft and you've been secretly building up the Zerg you've mind controlled until you're maxed out on both protoss and Zerg.

Then you ally vision hear them give one final "o sh*t" then rape.
40sondacurb is offline   Reply With Quote