Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

Most Memorable Gaming Moment

This is a discussion on Most Memorable Gaming Moment within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Not much activity in here but still wanting to say stuff...enjoyed reading all of the above and i got too

Old 05-13-2008, 05:13 AM   #81
Registered Member

Not much activity in here but still wanting to say stuff...enjoyed reading all of the above and i got too many memories.

1- Everyone who has played CS:S has got an ace (or close to one) and its just such an exhilaration...but to clarify somethin, you can always camp, seek cover, reload and everything during an ace - this one time, i nearly got an ace without a single reload or stop during a solo rush. 26 man server(13v13), in office, on Terrorists with an m4/deagle/frag/smoke. Was afk for the first 30 seconds of the round but there had been no kills...CT's just got a chance to get into front office and what-not. Rushed office once i had gotten back to my computer - ran into bathroom, threw smoke to cover my exit some. Rushed out sprayin, killing 6 (3 headshots) ct's with one clip of my m4, quick-drew a frag and threw it towards front stairs, quick-drew my deagle and continued into front office getting 3 kills (2 headshots) with one clip along with 1 more kill from the nade i threw, quick-drew my knife to circle back around to the front stairs, assassinating two more ct's, finally coming to a rest in a corner, reloading everything and checkin if i had any nades. Wasn't a true ace due to the last guy gettin killed by a teamate and the guy i killed with the nade musta been severly wounded by a teamate...but the flow of that round...my skill/amazing luck mixed with the slight stupidity/bad luck of the opposing team and the amazing timing...just memorable.

2- Could probably be a hundred scenes in Baldurs Gate 2 that i could re-live, but the most recent would be a particular party member overhearing a discussion between NonPlayerCharachters and auto-attacking a perticular NPC due to what he said/did. Keep replaying that game and i keep gettin surprised by interesting pieces of story/code the designers have included.

3- Replaying Dues Ex. Like in BG2, you can play it differently each time and the new little bits of dialogue really throw you off...makes it almost like your playing an entirely new game...

...and yes, i love RPG's...especially when the designers take the time to make it truly remarkable (que Dues Ex. Baldurs Gate series, Mass Effect, etc.)
Dsurian is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-18-2008, 11:30 AM   #82
In & out... very busy

My System

Sitting down to play Halo and GTA for 3 days straight, every time a new release emerged. A ritual that will live on until video games cease to exist...
Old 06-05-2008, 04:17 PM   #83
Registered Member

Mine was playing SWG in 2005, after 8 months of playing I finally got my toon to become a jedi Padawan god it was hard to become a jedi but that what makes the interesting( back in the day now SWG sucks). The moment i turned a Jedi a received a message saying that my force sensitive training was complete and the SWG music started playing man it was very emotional cause the many hours of playing finally paid off.( ya ya call me corny i don't care).
Eddy_Steel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2008, 03:50 AM   #84
Registered Member

Hm, probably playing Double Dragon II for the first time, finishing Golden Axe II (loved that game) and defeating Ragnaros after just one week in the new guilde
Lawrence7591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2008, 08:33 AM   #85
Registered Member

BF1942 DCFinal mod, last year online on "heli-training Servers" took out a Hind helicopter by using the boost function in a Lada...

the most satisfying thing i have ever done in any game lol.
JiB410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2008, 07:03 PM   #86
Registered Member

getting 9 kills in a 16 vs 16 match in CS on dust 2. last 4 kills i was the only one alive and the last 2 kills I only has 1 hp and 20-something armor. That had to be the most memorable one.
randomuser83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 08:50 AM   #87
Registered Member

My System

I played Runescape for a good 4 years; don't laugh. My favorite moment was when I dressed up about as bad as possible with a terrible weapon. This kid who thought he was so cool was wearing expensive items and attacking me and I kept crying out like "stpo!" (yes i spelled that wrong) to make him think I was new. Little did he know I had a dragon dagger in my inventory and 78 strength, so I hit a 24,24 special followed by a 17,1 special. He didn't have time to eat.
I got about 1 million gp worth of stuff from that drop, and people tried to jump me but I was better than all of them.
That was one memory from the hundreds :)
As much as I hate that game now, I can't help but think how it contributed to me learning how to type 80wpm with consistancy. And all the fun I had while wasting the hours away on it.
Toucan Sam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:17 AM   #88
Registered Member

Oh I have so many too like most of you!

1 was in Call of Duty: United Offensive when I was on a new map and I found myself as the last man on my team in what I think was maybe search and destroy against 7, where I remember after killing 4 I ended up in a building... and then managed to kill 1 and found the last remaining two together, I got 1 of them and with not even a second left killed the final man to win the round.

Although I guess maybe the most memorable was during a game of Battlefield 2, where I was playing with 5 other friends and we were all in one squad. I forget the name of the map, but it was a China vs. USA map and I'd managed to get hold of a chopper, so the squad all piled on and there's all of us in this chopper, a medic, engineers, support... we had it sorted! So we went away capturing the points when at one point an enemy blackhawk came in range and starting firing at us, I attempted to circle the blackhawk so that the side gunner could shoot it down, but they seemed to be doing more damage so I began to fly away (possibly from ground fire). So in the middle of this one of my mates bails from the chopper because he thinks it's going down, but due to the engineer on board (he was repairing all the time) we managed to get away, everyone safe (minus a scaredy cat) and with a full repaired chopper! And then all we got over radio coms for the next 5 minutes was: "Need pickup!" But the ground was too hot to go down and get him and the rest of us in the chopper were all just cracking up. Oh the memories!
Twysta` is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 12:46 PM   #89
Registered Member

there are quite a few, but there is only one that tops them all.
when i finished sudeki in pc. man that game was HARD with all the meaning of the word.
i battled the final boss countless times untill i found a technic to kill him. i was so exadurated when i finaly killed him.
peterako is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:08 PM   #90
In & out... very busy

My System

Tell you what, I played Doom on the Xbox (original) but I could never complete that final boss, you know, the massive one that stomps on you as soon as see you while chucking horrible mutants from hell at you. Really gut me that I never finished that, its about hte only game I never finished.
Old 08-15-2008, 11:43 AM   #91
Registered Member

A long time ago when I played Duke Nukem 3D and killed the last boss. Evertime I played the game I remember facing diffrent bosses in the end, but I remember battling the undewater boss and the football boss
Tahuphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 08:27 PM   #92
Registered Member

My moment was probably in counter strike source, playing a 10 vs 10 fight with some crappy friends, we were playing versus some pro players from a VIA server. DE_DUST2, my team was CT's, well long story short, 9 CT's died, 10 vs me, i kill 9 of them, and i grenade myself to death.. YAY? I was so pissed at myself for weeks! LOL
Fapguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:06 AM   #93
Registered Member

My favourite Halo 3 Big team Ranked battle social.

It starts off bad then just gets funny. In the lobby most of my team bin out of the game when they find out that most of the opposition are mucho higher ranks than us.

Me I dont care a game is a game is a game.

So it turns out 8 on 1(<<me yay). On Valhalla, so to start with jump into a warthog and start tanking it over there side of the map trying to run them over managing to dodge everything they could throw at me (<minor miracle). Then I see 4 of them coming towards me so handbrake the warthog and jump out just as a rocket hits me from the other side. Awesome

I hear you thinking whats so awesome about that???

Well the guy that killed me with the rocket, succeeded in also blowing up the warthog, which exploded and rolled into his 4 team mates that were trying to kill me from that side, Now that is what I call a betrayal. Finished the game with about 30 kills to me I lost, but I went down fighting on my own lol.
zyonchaos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 02:51 PM   #94
Registered Member

to me, i couldn't stop laughing when i played the origianl silent hill again, and was killed and abducted by aliens as an ending! a pure classic ending. i thought that was sweet
dr. feel good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 06:09 PM   #95
Registered Member

I was playing SOCOM Fireteam Bravo 2 online, and it was supposed to be 3 on 3, but my team bailed on me so it ended up being 5 on 1. Plus I picked a AK-47 without any attachments. Somehow I managed to beat all 5 of them by myself... It was so sweet!
Goomba000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:34 PM   #96
Registered Member

EEK!

my most memorale gaming moment would have to been when i was playing god of war
i know it sounds stupid but i have a good reason
you know how right after u mive the steads of time then go to the island and u have to fight some harpies by a pool of water well some how iwhen i steped on the pool of water i fell into it then i was as if i was swiming but i could go anywhere on the map i could even go off the bitmap i was listeraly swiming through everything all doors unmoveable objects and stuff like that lol isnt that great? lol
matches878489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2008, 12:35 PM   #97
Registered Member

lol that was fun
matches878489 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 05:07 AM   #98
Registered Member

When I was on the radio and the other DJ massed a few hundred people on Runescape, I was of course the last man standing with epic team coordination (and a few hp) :P
Nashy19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 09:02 AM   #99

It's probably gotta be when I was like 10 or so and I use to still play super mario bros on super nintendo....finally beating bowser was one of the gratifying experiences a kid like me could ever have lol it took me months to do it!! I still love that game!
bigBOSSman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2008, 12:35 PM   #100

got in trouble when i was younger....was grounded for all xmas break...got gta...only thing that got me through it lol
Rocketpass is offline   Reply With Quote