Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

Most Memorable Gaming Moment

This is a discussion on Most Memorable Gaming Moment within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. oh definetly desecrating fargoth's corpse

Old 03-06-2007, 03:58 PM   #41
Registered Member

oh definetly desecrating fargoth's corpse
Lemonio is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-26-2007, 08:20 PM   #42
-d-
Registered Member

My System

A few aces in CS:S (when you kill all of the players on the opposite team, by yourself). Damn it feels good to take out 7 or 8 guys with a single gun. Wish I had taken more demos, but I guess I'll repeat sooner or later :P

But I can't forget those old SOF2 days (on of the best FPS EVER :P). We were down in a scrim, probably 5-0. I wasn't playing, but they finally let me in. I came in, and went something like 15-2, and we won it 10-6.

Definately alot of good memories in FPS..

The good ol' days :P
-d- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2007, 06:46 AM   #43
Registered Member

either psycho mantis or one time when I was playing CS at a lan party on the map office, the other team had the idea of everyone buying shields and moving in a turtle formation, so we use grenades to make them scramble and when there was only one of them left, I had a shield I picked up and a desert eagle so I was shooting at him and he was shooting at me and all of a sudden another person from my team runs out from behind the corner and knifes him in the back. it was funnier than I make it sound
mark5hs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2007, 05:13 AM   #44
TSF Emeritus

Playing BFME for about 5 hours playing with a group of friends,very hard!
And also at school playing AO2
Go The Power is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2007, 01:19 PM   #45

My System

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117

When after 6 months of listening to a kid talk about how uber skilled he is at halo one day he suddenly shuts up.

Come to find out, he and his and I quote "Uber group of halo gamers" got beat by a bunch of "newbs" is I believe the term they used when they went head to toe.
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2007, 03:48 AM   #46

My System

Got done with a fairly good CS:S round.

I was kinda upset with myself cause I was doing poorly but this round fixed all of this.

I was in losttemple (custom map) guarding bomb site I believe it was B. All but one of my teammates were killed and he was on the other side of the map.

So either way we are both guarding our sectors willing to take out as many Ts as possible. Then my buddy comes over says he had four Ts pinned if I swoop around I can flank them. So I do it and I see to my amusement 4 Ts all crunched and firing at him. So I set up my first shot figuring chances are the second they see one guy go down they are going start returning fire on me. So I head shot him move a bit take my next shot head shot, move again head shot. Next guy by this time had saw what just happened and turned on me. He went down just as quickly. No head shot more of a chest shot.

So theres 3 of them left my buddy hes low on ammo and health and not that much of a use to me. I then saw that he died in bomb site A so I move into bomb site A, one T is planting the bomb well the other I can't see and another is looking in the other direction. I aim at the T who I carelly saw stop planting the bomb and aim for me. I took him out at this point I switched to teh T guarding his flank and killed him.

Doing my previous assault I had picked up a frag so I wip it out toss it and then strafe to where I believe the last remaining T is. Hes been damaged by my nade so I let a burst into him.

And boom I won the round :)

Apparently they thought they were firing at me, so when they saw the first guy go down they thought it was just a lucky shot from the guy on their front and not the flank.

So basically it was a 1 v 7 and I got 7 kills was a nice round
Old 05-30-2007, 01:24 PM   #47
Tech Guy/Gentoo User

OS: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2

My System

Send a message via ICQ to BrianTwigley Send a message via MSN to BrianTwigley Send a message via Yahoo to BrianTwigley Send a message via Skype™ to BrianTwigley

My first set of Generals Dog Tags on BF2142. I was a recruit, and there are about 50k point differences. He was so angry at me he thought I was using hax. Good times.
Being British is about driving in a German car to an Irish pub for a Belgian beer, then traveling home, grabbing an Indian curry or a Turkish kebab on the way, to sit on Swedish furniture and watch American shows on a Japanese TV.
------------------------------------------------------
If I've helped you, please Donate
BrianTwigley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2007, 03:00 PM   #48
Registered Member

My System

2142 , seems something was screwed up big-time on the server . The enemy went a tad overboard on their supply drop ... gotta check this screen shot out .
campfire_2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #49

My System

Just had a funny moment in RTW. It was a FFA 2 CPU players 3 human CPU was on a team so we humans we gangbanged the CPU player and then we fought each other. Well one army was all cal other was a mix of phalanx and I was heavy legion with cav/archer support.

So what happened was I had to take on the phalanx heavy army didn't hurt me too bad still hurt though. So i'm busy working on this guy kill him and then after I kill him I notice this big blue blop on the map and go O he is far away it won't be a issue to form up.

Then he began his charge and I went "opps thats not infantry" so after sustaining medicore losses I had all of about 3 mins to form my entire line up for a full on cal blast. Needles to say my biggest cocnern was first getting my main line up Which I did SECONDS before he hit. In fact my archers only got 2 volleys of fire off (which IMHO did jack **** for damage) and then he hit my infantry dead center. My most upgraded unit lasted all of about 5 seconds. However I rushed frontal in with my general 3 cav and one infantry to hold him there as my other infantry went to the flanks.

This really hurt him in fact in chat he was like "Wow, I didn't expect that" I replied "nor did I"

He still won but he sustained 3/4 causatively taking me on. Had I not so heavily been involved in the first two skirishmes my legions would of had pilas AKA destorying his first few units of horses, and i'd of had more infantry and better formation. However he miscalucated his move focused all his troops on one group and I just slammed the **** outta him.

In the end I took about 75% ofhis army out, he left with about 15% left. I think it was well played on my part.
Old 07-08-2007, 05:31 PM   #50
Registered Member

My Favorite gaming moment? Probably one of my best and most cherished memories of all time...

My friends and I would play Halo (halo 1) online for hours on end. Yeah we didn't have the most interesting lives at that point but looking back I see that it was the best time because I was with the best of friends.

We would just bring all of are tv's and xbox's over, hook up, and play for hours. Best times ever.
tech-it-^ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #51
Registered Member

Do you by gaming include p&p gaming cuz if yes then it would be when my friend donated poisoned food to the orphanage and later got rewarded for telling them what the disease was on an old d&d session hehe, and if not well...there were some old gaming moments but from the newer ones id say the part in war3 when Arthas kills Uther and and spills his fathers ashes onto the ground...i was so badly pissed at that moment lol...
deus 0.96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2007, 12:14 PM   #52

My System

Just won a battle in RTW with a highly upgrad legion unit aganist 300 rebls.

Never expected to win, merely to inflict damage.

Kinda funny, at how that game can turn out.

My only adv was
Superior units (can't even call it units it was only one)
High ground

Their adv was
It was an ambush
They out numbered me nearly 10-1
They have a varied army, consisting of archers, infatry and calavry.

I won, I could of so easily defeated this legion with that army, march just outside of pila range, hav your archers kill a few well moving your calavry to the rear, Space your infatry so that you can hit them on their left, and right flnaks on top of frontal.

I'd of had minial losses, i'd estimate 20-30 men.

They'd of lost everything.
Old 08-03-2007, 02:47 AM   #53
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via AIM to DumberDrummer Send a message via Yahoo to DumberDrummer

Playing BF 1942 on El Alamein. Buddy of mine on opposing side was in a plane, flying low and shooting people up. I get in a jeep and time it just right so I fly off a cliff and hit him out of the air, killing him. I bailed out and survived. It was awesome.

Other than that, I'm sure I've had tons of "Woah, did you see that?" moments, but nothing particularly notable springs to mind.

Living with Louie dog's the only way to stay sane
DumberDrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 03:29 AM   #54
Hardware Team
Games Team
Microsoft Team

My System

Hmm... Well i was on BF2 playing on the Map with the Dam.. Carnt remember the proper name for it... Anyway i was the USA flying around in a jet when the enemy was closing fast on me, (now im an ok pilot not the best and not the wost). Well i decided to get rid of him by flying through the dams turbine tunnel thing at top speed while upside down.. At the same moment of entering the tunnel i saw my problem.. There was a USA Tank, APC and a Blackhawk all trying to capture the flag in the tunnel. I thought "crap", i slammed right into the blackhawk which blew up the tank and apc.. My kills went from 44 to -20... Apparently the APC and Blackhawk were full of ppl.. I i was kicked for having so many TK's... lol oh well..
Aus_Karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2007, 05:20 PM   #55
Registered Member

My System

another one comes to mind. While playing Bf 2142 I found a sniper position of verdun in all this wrekage and got about 15 headshots yet the opposing team couldn't figure out what was killing all of them it was pretty funny. Another one is playing runescape for hours with my friends. Seems stupid now but is sure was fun killing things on that game for hours on end just to raise my level. memories
mecoatwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2007, 08:53 PM   #56
Registered Member

Grin

I would have to say landing the 757-200 at SLC or Salt Lake City on Flight Simulator 2004 and knowing as soon as those wheels hit the ground I had nailed my captains rating. It was a long flight from Pensacola to Salt Lake and had to turn off the auto pilot for the last 100 miles, so hitting the glide slope and middle of the runway was quite a thrill.

I still love that game but on a laptop it just doesn't work real well.
donleo49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:49 AM   #57
Registered Member

i had a few very rememberable gaming moments
i dont know if this would be concidered a gaming moment but...

i was in an arcade on one of the daycare's feild trips (im 15 now, i was like 11 then) and the arcade had a huge lottery machine and about like 8 other kids there just pumping in tokens and not getting much back. so i went up there to just put one token in (because i wanted to play more games!) when i put it in the machine spinned and the first landed on "double bar" and so did the second, third, and forth.

(ok...this is the most rememberable gaming moment...not the happyest gaming moment...)

ok...i stood there stunned... 4 double bars was the biggest prize there for 200 tokens. since there were like 8 other kids there they all jumped for the tokens at the same time before me... and befor i could shake them down for their tokens they all took off...i only ended up with 20 tokens >.<
you do NOT know how mad i was that day.
but after that with the tokens i had and the 20 extra tokens i had, i beat one of the arcade game, where you are that one fighter plane and you go agaist the MASSIVE armis of other tanks, ships, and planes. so i guess it made up for it a little...
it took 10 tokens for the last boss!
mebegaming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2007, 06:49 AM   #58
Registered Member

My System

There are so many... One was in Operation Flashpoint multiplayer, a guy in chopper attacked me and my buddies while we were crossing an open field on foot. I watched helplessly as rockets killed the whole team, i was badly wounded and frustrated and threw one shot with Dragunov at the flying chopper from very far. Dont know hows this possible but the round killed the pilot and i was like woah, I rock... Until the uncontrolled chopper with dead guy came crashing down from the sky and killed me in collision. That was way crazier than I can make it sound :P
u551 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2007, 02:19 PM   #59

My System

One was just recently, in world in conflict.

What had happened was I was just flattened by a nuke my entire army and my teamates army was utterly thrown into chaos. so I had 40 points so threw a diasy cutter at the enemy, killing 4 players :) they all were like "god damn dude" amazing.

heres a screeny

Was a funny oment kinda cause like I was really teed off that the round had been going so bad but the come back was well worth it :) I believe we still lost though something like 90% of the map to 10% or somethign simliar it was a fun fight though :)
Old 10-28-2007, 10:41 AM   #60
Registered Member

My System

I have a few.

One of them was in Call of Duty (I actually have a YouTube video with this moment.. probably why I remember it) and I was on the Stalingrad map... I went towards a broken down building with a whole in the wall, about to go in, but I heard a grenade so took cover and after the explosion ran in, through the smoke, there was a flash of a weapon, and then I saw a Russian enemy running towards me... Somehow I managed to zoom, get the cross hair on him and kill him... It was such a satisfying kill!!

Here's the video( Link!), the kill is at 1:40-1:53.

Another was back when I used to play on WoW, me and about 5 others decided to raid Oggrimmar, so we ran in and up on top of the bank, and we were doing so well!!! (it was a good plan because they had to come up to get us, and we had a real good mage in our party who would jump out and deal loads of damage as soon as someone came up, and because we had two rogues, if anyone got near to the mage, we would backstab them.) we must have killed about 25 horde before we died.

When I was 9 and I got my N64, I actually thought I was dreaming... I was on a boat coming from Ireland to England and I opened the N64 on the boat too look at it and grin.

Finally when I was about 14 in Diablo II, my account got hacked (someone guessed my password). I was so upset, I'd spent ages playing getting all my equipment and I couldn't remember all of my friends user names, so I had to just look out for them and tell them what happened.

that's a few of mine! :P

Edit-
Also, just thought I'd add this... When I found out two friends I used to play with had passed away! One person I used to know from Diablo II and another guy who I used to play lots of different games with! They we're great people!
tatsumaru is offline   Reply With Quote