Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

Most Memorable Gaming Moment

This is a discussion on Most Memorable Gaming Moment within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. heh... ZERG RUSH OMG!!!!11!!eleventyone

Old 11-27-2006, 04:06 PM   #21
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus
heh...

ZERG RUSH OMG!!!!11!!eleventyone

-----------------------------
There are no dumb questions, unless a customer is asking them.

Help in the fight against cancer and other serious illnesses.
ebackhus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2006, 03:37 AM   #22
Registered Member

My System

Can't believe this hasn't been mentioned......

It just had to be..... the opening sequence/tram ride in the first Half life, Back in the good old days of the late nineties.

That was THE pinnacle of gaming for me, especially at the time when the gaming selection was going bland, it was like the biggest shellshock moment ever!

Im a HL fanboy, i apologise.
thetrindreturns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2006, 01:40 AM   #23
aka mr.fraggs

My System

Send a message via ICQ to Fr4665 Send a message via AIM to Fr4665 Send a message via MSN to Fr4665 Send a message via Yahoo to Fr4665
i agree with the first HL it just had that weird flair going on. Another moment is when you take part of an only once or very rare occurance of hack and slash in diablo defeating dclone and other godly rare bosses.
Fr4665 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2006, 10:55 AM   #24
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to Ruzzy
My gaming memory must've been a few days ago on Zero Hour.

I decided to take over a GLA base because i wanted the scud storms (i was Lasor general). So what i had done was loaded up 3 Chinnoks with Snipers, Rocket men and Rangers (8 in each). So i air lifted them just south of the base, i decided to go for the supply stash as it was least defended (i was doing this against Easy enemies because i was trying out the map i made).

Ok, so the snipers started picking off the workers and gained several levels doing so. I got my rangers into position and started capturing the supply stash - By this time i had grabbed the attention of 5 quad cannons lingering nearby and they moved closer, so i had my Rocketmen use the lasor sights to utterly own the quad cannons. Unfortunatly the rocketmen got killed but took out 3 of the cannons in the process.

This is the close part - i had nearly captured the building and the cannons turned their sights on the rangers and opened fire (8 rangers remaining)

about half way through capturing (5 rangers remaining)

nearly done! and the cannons ran over my rangers (1 remaining). JUST i swear a splitsecond, not even that, a nano second after capturing the building my soldier got killed!

Now heres the 'Rescue', i started pumping workers out of the stash to the nearby waiting chinnoks, the snipers supplying cover from hostile infantry, the workers rushed out the stash while the cannons were busy destroying the building. Once they had destroyed it they killed one of the workers but by this time the snipers and the 4 workers who had got out were safely in the chinnoks and on their way home :D

me and my friend were screaming at the screen. it was so tense!

thats gotta be one of the best times. or when Burton danced with 5 scorpion tanks *thinks* but thats a story for another time me thinks =D
Ruzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2006, 10:45 PM   #25
TSF Enthusiast

My System

id have to say my most memorable moment is when i was hosting a server for the microsoft game freelancer.i had been running this server for several months.when several folks come on at once.one of them asked who is the server op,and i responded.they made a smart remark like yeah right.dont know who is familiar with this game,but the op had total control you could move people to any solar system,planet,or base.you could change any of there equipment money level etc etc.so i moved them them to the most hostile system there was,and they were in pathetic noob ships.2 of those guys actually managed to make it back to the starting system in those pathetic ships.so i told them that was some acomplishment making it from there to here in a starflier.so i gave both of them 5 million credits as a reward for pulling off the near impossible.they never made any other smart remarks again,and actually turned out to be fantastic players on the server.
pharoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2006, 06:43 AM   #26
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by pharoah View Post
id have to say my most memorable moment is when i was hosting a server for the microsoft game freelancer.i had been running this server for several months.when several folks come on at once.one of them asked who is the server op,and i responded.they made a smart remark like yeah right.dont know who is familiar with this game,but the op had total control you could move people to any solar system,planet,or base.you could change any of there equipment money level etc etc.so i moved them them to the most hostile system there was,and they were in pathetic noob ships.2 of those guys actually managed to make it back to the starting system in those pathetic ships.so i told them that was some acomplishment making it from there to here in a starflier.so i gave both of them 5 million credits as a reward for pulling off the near impossible.they never made any other smart remarks again,and actually turned out to be fantastic players on the server.
Sounds like something I'd do to a mouthy player!

I was playing DoD:S a couple nights ago and I forget what map it was, but the teams where 5 on 5 at that point. The match just started and I ran to the center flag with a few team mates and captured it then cut through a building. Theres a room where there are stairs coming up from a lower level and stairs going up to a higher level. I ran into the room and there were two enemies on the stairs going down. I opened up on them and before either got a shot out, I was running over their dead, polygonic bodies. I then ran through the room on the lower level and two guys where standing outside the building shooting at one of my team mates. I opened up and plowed them over too. I wiped out 4 out of 5 guys in less than 5 seconds. only one guy left and my other team mates quickly dispatched him. The other team was spawning again just as we captured the last flag and won in under a minute! It was sweet!!!
gamerman0203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2006, 09:39 PM   #27
ole'

My System

new one:

was playing opposing force (fun game if you beat hl1 and dont have hl2) and i come into this room with about 7-10 ninjas. nades+power pistol = gone in 5 minutes
forcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2007, 05:00 PM   #28
TSF Enthusiast

I think the most memorable gaming moment for me will still be the time when I was (I think) 9 or 10. I was sitting in my room with my trusty Sega Genesis playing Shining Force 2. I was at the battle against Talos, the giant (the battle you fight to gain the Caravan). I had a loose tooth, and during the map it fell out. Nothing truly spectacular, but it's the only time I've lost a tooth during a game:)
KoLAddict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2007, 09:12 PM   #29
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I remember one time when i was playing a game called Red Faction (great game by the way) i was using a rail gun. the funny thing about the rail gun is that it can shoot through walls, people and just about anything else. I was on a fortress on one side when i spotted an enemy sniper, i took aim and fired, hoping to get the sniper before he got me. Well, i got the sniper but at that exact moment, one person ran in front of him and another ran behind. All three of them died! I was more than a little surprised to see them all go spinning to their deaths... It was quite odd because i had been aiming to get their sniper, instead i ended up with their sniper and 2 of their flag defenders.
Lord Sirian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2007, 11:38 PM   #30
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Forgot about this one (don't know how considering it happened not too long ago) I was playing Diablo II and just got to the part where you fight Diablo himself, anyway, he mages the heck outta ya and its a real pain... i once made the mistake of getting in the way of his main mage blast, i survived, barely, anyway after running away screaming my head off a few thousand times, coming back, inflicting pathetic damage, I finally killed him, heh heh being lvl 39, he's the only thing who moves my exp bar even a fraction, I was glad...
Old 01-19-2007, 10:52 AM   #31
Troubled

My System

Send a message via AIM to Nik00117 Send a message via MSN to Nik00117
I got several moments one funny one.

On a map in CS:CZ it was me and 5 other teammates vs one guy. Either way we were runninga bout and I well I know where he was so I tossed a nade (remember we are all fairly low health) well it bounces back and kills me, and 5 other people who happened to be my teamates. yes we lost :( but it was a good laugh still friends with a few of the guys and we still laugh about that moment.

Another time in CS:S it was on more or less a sniper faved map. Either way somehow it become 1 v 7 I had a M4 with a little over a clip left. Needless to say I was careful with my ammo but on the last guy I ran out of ammo I thought I had my finger on 2 but I had it on 3 :) this guy still had ammo and was firing and I saw the knife and I was like "O ****, o well **** it!" to i knifed him as he is sitting there fratically firing at a man with 20 somthing health with a AK :) wonderful momemnt. That was mostly luck.

ANother good one was on RTW. It was online and it was supposed to be a 2 v 2 however my teammate was a *** and swithced before the game started. So it was a 3 v 1. I was greek with those phalanx (wasn't even sure on the map) either way my enemy was some germainice and roman. And I got to defend a small town with tight streets. They didn't know my civ either right away and promplty began talking **** on how screwed I am etc you know the drill.

Needless to say I didn't gaurd my walls ;) I gaurded my city center with my archers and phalanxes they didn't have any Cats they just had archers and well it was a long battle I believe in the end I killed all but maybe 200-300 units and they killed 100 of mine :) Lets just say when we got back into chat I felt it was a necessary to say "Yea, um weren't you supposed to "pwn" me?" they didn't say anything.
Nik00117 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 02:40 PM   #32
Registered Member

Sonic Adventure, Beating Perfect Chaos as Super Sonic, I musta dropped the controller eight or nine times, but I finally beat him and got the biggest satisfaction of playing a game ever.
s p a d e s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2007, 04:10 PM   #33
Registered Member

Send a message via AIM to DrStudly
battle for middle earth

when i won a 3vs1 battle cus my allies quit and i cameback and won agaisnt 3 experienced players
and they were gloating the whole match too until they couldn't take me down

=P
DrStudly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2007, 08:38 PM   #34
Registered Member

My System

Most memorable gaming moment?

All you base are belong to us. I tribute to it, I created this thumbnail-sized animated gif:
usedHONDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:46 PM   #35
Registered Member

My System

I have 2:

1. On half life 2 on the level nova Prospekt I shot open a guard towers window and launched a grenade in. THE ENTIRE TOP FLOOR EXPLODED IT WAS SO COOL.

2. the other was playing Legend of Zelda Ocarina of Time with my sister and brother.
mecoatwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2007, 09:50 PM   #36
Registered Member

My System

I remembered another one I was playing Battlefield 2142 when i heard someone walking up behind me and without looking through the scope, turned around, saw that it was indeed one of the enemy about to knife me and blasted the guy off the roof with a sniper Rifle in Camp Gibralter. This same guy i killed in the same location three more times.
mecoatwar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2007, 09:46 AM   #37
ole'

My System

any time using the crossbow in hl2
forcifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 05:13 AM   #38
Registered Member

Some friends and I were having a RF LAN and a few drinks. Later in the night, one of my friends not only fell off his chair trying to "dodge my fire" but completely broke it in the process.
Atypicality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2007, 06:18 AM   #39
TSF Team Emeritus

My System

Classic!

I've got a new one.
Playing Supreme Commander the other day and I discovered the Strategic Missile Launchers (aka Nukes).
I tested one out and was blown away (Literally, it was a small map, the explosion damaged my own base), by the sheer power of it.

Naturally, I proceeded to build another 5 and queue up some missiles, set them to launch upon strategic places on the map once they had built(including on my own base, I was going down, thought i'd go out with a big bang), sat back and watched the show.
Seconds later the nukes launched in unison, i zoomed out to follow the arc of the missiles as they zoomed skywards.
I grinned as I watched them spread out over the map and come raining down, the next second, all the nukes that were travelling over my enemies base were gone. No! I cried, they must have had missile defence emplacements.
So instead of wiping out everything on the map, I succesfully launched 3 nukes at myself. Wiping out everything I controlled and presenting me with the 'You have been defeated' Pop-up.

Not my finest moment, but I won't be forgetting it any time soon.
Old 03-03-2007, 02:35 AM   #40
Registered Member

Okay, my coolest moment was pretty simple. Like most people I have had a number of cool moments, but I honestly don't remember them.

It was late at night, and I was playing Oblivion, everything in game matched the real world. It was the middle of the night, the moon was just to my right, and all of a sudden in unison, it started to rain both in game and outside my window. It was the freakiest thing ever, but way cool!
Mrs Nerevar is offline   Reply With Quote