Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

Is Assassins Creed Brotherhood too violent?

This is a discussion on Is Assassins Creed Brotherhood too violent? within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Ubisoft just sent me the trailer to Assassins Creed Brotherhood. Does anyone else think that this is pretty violent. Cutting

Closed Thread

Old 06-15-2010, 04:34 PM   #1

Ubisoft just sent me the trailer to Assassins Creed Brotherhood.
Does anyone else think that this is pretty violent. Cutting guys throats and stuff seems a bit over the top. It looks very well done but I'd have to say that I'd rather gun down whole squads of enemies with a machine gun any day or throw hand grenades into a crowded room, but cutting throats isn't my scene.
I wouldn't buy it.
Interested to hear what others say.

Old 06-15-2010, 07:11 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I think it's fine. The E3 trailer barely had any blood, if at all. I've seen way worse.

Old 06-17-2010, 06:59 AM   #3
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Not really considering that happened back in the medieval times or when it was set.

I wouldn't want to see templars with guns in Assassins Creed tbh

Games & Articles Team

Old 06-17-2010, 10:41 AM   #4
Games Team | Tech

My System

I've played the Assassin Creed games and by far they have not been violent enough. Look at games with Gore like L4d 2. That is where the game needs to be at for gore and beyond.

http://folding.stanford.edu
If you have a problem, PM me and I'll respond in the thread you made.
power-supply-information-selection
Nvidia Drivers ATI drivers Direct X
Old 06-17-2010, 11:11 AM   #5
TSF-Enthusiast

My System

Gears of War franchise is the goriest franchise I have ever seen. Nuff said.

Assassin's Creed 2 takes place in the Renaissance in Italy.

New to the forum? Introduce yourself here
Old 06-18-2010, 08:42 PM   #6
Games Team | Tech

My System

Well when I see the really gorey stuff it doesn't desensitize me. Especially watching shows like the Pacific and Band of Brothers I feel sad for all the men that made this country free even though the people who are dying on the show aren't dead.

With games especially if the characters have no reference or pull towards you feeling for them then its hard to an emotional connection to them. The gore is like that if you can feel for the other person than its true that you won't care.

Old 06-18-2010, 09:44 PM   #7

It wasn't the people I was referring to when I said it was too violent. It was in fact a game made for all ages where throats are being cut with knives.
Most games are like comics. Just look at all the aliens we are blasting in Mass Effect 2. Just mindless fun.
But right now at this moment in Melbourne a 15 year old is on trial for the murder of an Indian student who he killed with a knife for no reason.
I don't have any evidence that playing games where you cut peoples throats actually shapes one's thinking towards personal acts of violence but I just think there should be a limit.
Old 06-18-2010, 10:10 PM   #8
TSF Enthusiast

My System

There is already a limit. There is a simulator that lets you play to kill John F. Kennedy as well as other tasteless games. I don't think Assassin's Creed is very bloody at all. Since when was this game intended for children? The last time I checked, it was rated M.
Old 06-18-2010, 11:08 PM   #9
Games Team | Tech

My System

Children are not adults and if its rated that its meant for adults. If you look at Australian the government is just dumb when they just look at games are for kids and adults don't play games at all.

Gosuni makes the point and that is why we have a ratings system so its easy fro parents to tell which games are age appropriate.

Old 06-19-2010, 03:31 PM   #10
-Articles Team
-Games Team

Location: Norfolk, East Anglia, England, United Kingdom, Europe, Earth, Milky Way, Universe

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heat Sink View Post
It wasn't the people I was referring to when I said it was too violent. It was in fact a game made for all ages where throats are being cut with knives.
Most games are like comics. Just look at all the aliens we are blasting in Mass Effect 2. Just mindless fun.
But right now at this moment in Melbourne a 15 year old is on trial for the murder of an Indian student who he killed with a knife for no reason.
I don't have any evidence that playing games where you cut peoples throats actually shapes one's thinking towards personal acts of violence but I just think there should be a limit.
I disagree, what drives people towards that isn't material such as games or movies, it is more the personality and blaming stuff on games, movies etc is just a cop-out.

They should deal with the cause, not the trigger

Games & Articles Team

Old 06-20-2010, 01:21 AM   #11

Well I wish it was as simple as a lot of technically educated game gurus populating the world but sorry it isn't.
Sharing the world are a hell of a lot of violent low life that have had a rough upbringing and many hate themselves and the world.
Now some of these said low life or members of the low socio economic group as they are called in todays politically correct world don't need much of a trigger to go over the edge and a violent game is very likely that trigger.
It is ridiculous to write the whole theory off as anti gaming.
I'm a gamer and I love shooting rooms full of people in the games, but I'm not into doing it in real life. I do know however that there exists out there some that will.

There isn't any way to fix the situation because many of us want to play on.
We just have to arrest the influenced bad guys and accept that games just might be bad for some.
Old 06-20-2010, 01:34 AM   #12
Games Team | Tech

My System

If a game is likely to trigger someone then human interaction is a far morel likely cause. your argument seems like such a cop out.

Old 06-20-2010, 01:39 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by McNinja View Post
If a game is likely to trigger someone then human interaction is a far morel likely cause. your argument seems like such a cop out.
Can I ask a question here please? Are games team guys the only ones allowed to say stuff to us members at ground level or can we shoot back?
Old 06-20-2010, 02:12 AM   #14
Games Team | Tech

My System

You can shoot back if you want. I'm afraid I I didn't read your whole post before. I jst want to say that there are always bad apples in this world and if that person is going to go off you can't just blame one thing in society, why it could just be genetics or a terrible mental disorder like schizophrenia.

I'm sorry if I insulted you Heatsink, got a little over myself there.

Old 06-20-2010, 04:16 PM   #15

That's alright Ninja, you remind me of me a lot actually.

Gosuni:There is already a limit. There is a simulator that lets you play to kill John F. Kennedy as well as other tasteless games.

I didn't know that, but I am aware that the Australian governments have all tried to keep gaming and films here as wholesome as possible and that there is a lot of stuff being looked at in other countries that isn't allowed in here.

And Ninja, down here in Australia we like to think that we are above most others in the world and our government has legislated to see that to fruition.
I mean how do you think we come 4th in the Olympics each time with only 20 million people? We are a superior people. You heard of Vegemite?
Old 06-21-2010, 05:08 AM   #16
-Articles Team
-Games Team

My System

Hey Heat Sink,

The Games Team part of our rank tells you that we represent the Gaming Section of TSF, this however does not mean we are more right then any other member. If you feel we have made a wrong post then correct us, everyone makes mistakes lol.

However, I do feel that Peer pressure is far, far more a trigger then Video Games. Most people can discern fiction (games) from reality but Peer pressure and social interaction isn't as simple as that. I study Psychology and I have learnt about influencing and studies such as Milgram et al's study shows that people will follow orders if they believe that person is of authority (e.g. someone in a lab coat).

Also, you can't really go on about Olympics as you have far more people then England and we still do ok. Propaganda is all it is...

Games & Articles Team

Old 06-21-2010, 06:06 AM   #17
TSF-Enthusiast

My System

No such thing as TOO violent. The game looks really well done, and i will definitely be investing some time and money into it.
Old 06-21-2010, 06:58 AM   #18
Retired Mod.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyranTheTerror View Post
No such thing as TOO violent.
There was a game on the news, where all you do is torture someone. That is the goal, using stakes, chainsaws, paintbrushes(yes paintbrushes), and other various sick methods. That isn't too violent? I personally find a game like that to be sickening and disturbing.

Why is the Olympics and 'race superiority' being discussed in here? I can see that leading to a argument. No body is better than anybody else.

I don't think this game is violent. As long as a game isn't just about killing, and there are missions that actually 'mean something'. I think it's okay.

If anybody is interested, heres a video for E3. PlayStation 3 gets some bonuses.

If you come across a thread or post that is advertising, inflammatory or otherwise disagreeing with our rules, please use the Report button.

Have an issue? Post in the appropriate area and make sure to read any 'stickies' in that area, as they contain vital information.
Old 06-21-2010, 04:54 PM   #19

Look what you've done now Redeye, got me into trouble. All I was trying to do was let the rest of the world into our secret. Vegemite. Remember, "We come from a land down under, where women throw and men chunder"
And Redeye, the population of England [not Britain] is 51 million.

Thanks for including the video clip Zealex, this is the clip that I based my observation of violence on. Namely killing the guy with the axe and towards the end of the clip, cutting the guy's throat with his knife.

And Zealex, you need to lighten up a bit. It is just interactive fun between members.
Old 06-21-2010, 05:17 PM   #20
Retired Mod.

Nobody is in trouble :P. Somewhere, someone can see 'my race is superior' offensive. Text can be read in multiple ways. I don't mind people having chats, but, you never know who may read that, and how they read it. They may find it offensive, and post something nasty. I just don't want to see something like this thread, become a full out flame war. If you feel like something you post can be read as offensive, make sure somehow you give indication that it is a joke. Therefore, the chance of a offense is much more less likely.

Moving on....

That part with an Axe is kind of violent. Though, the game is M so people who get the game should realize this wasn't made with kids purely in mind.

If you come across a thread or post that is advertising, inflammatory or otherwise disagreeing with our rules, please use the Report button.

Have an issue? Post in the appropriate area and make sure to read any 'stickies' in that area, as they contain vital information.
Closed Thread