Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Gaming Forum > Gaming Discussion

18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul

This is a discussion on 18 Wheels of Steel: American Long Haul within the Gaming Discussion forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. No matter what type, length, or characteristic of trailer and truck I send the drivers out with...they are hard on

Old 09-14-2009, 05:28 AM   #121
Registered Member

Question

No matter what type, length, or characteristic of trailer and truck I send the drivers out with...they are hard on the equipment. Every week or so I notice while under the "manage trucks" tab, that I have a near 37% damage toll on my trucks. Can you let this go and just save your money? I've been fixing the equipment under "repair all" in the service vehicle tab, but I'm wondering if I should. Come on guys, I don't damage my truck that much in 2 months... but I guess as long as they are turning a profit huh?

Old 09-18-2009, 11:34 AM   #122
Registered Member

I don't know for you, but I repair my driver's trucks regulary (when one of them reaches about 60% damage) because if you let the damage reach 100% driver won't be able to haul any trailers until you repair his truck of course. It's also not very expensive to do so. And for hiring drivers: the best way for a good start is to deliver some hauls for Zabarts food and then hire drivers there only with trucks (no buying trailers) so they usualy take eggs

Old 09-20-2009, 08:56 PM   #123
Registered Member

ok still workin out the music thing but how do i get a double trailer with my own trailers
Old 09-21-2009, 10:45 PM   #124
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by big_joe View Post
ok still workin out the music thing but how do i get a double trailer with my own trailers
You can't, cause no way to hook together. Only thru company.
Old 09-22-2009, 10:56 PM   #125
Moderator: Design

My System

I think you can buy doubles, but you can't create them from two of your own trailers.

Cola is a surprisingly lucrative cargo for its simplicity, but for cash per kilometre, construction equipment, gasoline, and engines are best. The only problems are: they're giant loads and quite heavy.

Validate your Markup Validate your CSS Notepad++
Please use [HTML], [PHP], and [CODE] when posting code or markup.
I do not help by Private Message or e-mail. If for some reason I have over-looked a reply to a thread that I have previously replied to, then send me a message.
dm01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2009, 04:03 PM   #126
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex17 View Post
So I have 33 drivers, 112 trailers delivered by me, 100 additional trucks (all Kinetic 2t2 fully upgraded) and about 30 000 000$. I started long time ago and i was playing as it should be played (no cheating) but i got bored and so i started to change a little bit this game. So i got super fast trucks, for some time i removed traffic, actually i dont have to play the game to be finished (maybe anyone knows if that ever finish) but this is even more boring :). Now i found a new way to have fun: just a little increased power (HP x2) for better acceleration and top speed and best engine available for all trucks.So i drive "normal" which means stopping at red light and not crashing but i hate speed limits and cant find them anywhere in base.scs to remove or change.
Maybe have anyone done this? Also i would be happy to know how to open .obj .tobj .mat .mbd and all other files that cant be opened as picture or text.

And for best start i recomend Vancouver, go to PGG Port take double glass to PGG Port Seatle (upgrade truck as much as possible when delivered) and from there to PGG Port San Francisco then you can also take a driver in San Francisco if you got enough money for truck. Then double glass to PGG Guaymas and from there double glass to Zabarts Food Miami. this is also good for contract because in Zabarts Food hired driver without your trailer will drive double eggs (sometimes even from Vancouver to Miami and back).

And btw. i started hard and havent payed even one police fee.

Sorry for bad english ;)
Alex17, how did you remove the traffic? I have not been able to find the traffic file anywhere. Any help would be appreciated, the supras are pissing me off. One hit me the other day. Blew up my double gasoline.
Old 10-01-2009, 10:38 AM   #127
Registered Member

@davidgotlucky13

In base.scs go to def/world/road.def open it with notepad, scroll down to some kind of table and look for column named "ai lane count" in this colum set 0 everywhere and save. You dont have to extract road.def before editing.
If you want to remove supras only try this one: in base.scs/vehicle/ai/traffic storage.sii and delete line @include "definition/toyota_supra.sii". i havent tried it but it should work.

actually it is useful but be careful because sometimes vehicles appear (after crossroads) and trucks are sometimes on two lanes :)

i got one question too: has anyone edited truck wheels (pacejka.sii) to find a little better settings? it would be useful to have a little more grip in quick turns and while accelerating.
Old 10-01-2009, 04:11 PM   #128
Registered Member

Great, thanks alot! I think i might just delete traffic for awhile and then maybe take off individual cars. Much Appreciated!

--David
Old 10-18-2009, 05:05 AM   #129
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex17 View Post
@davidgotlucky13

In base.scs go to def/world/road.def open it with notepad, scroll down to some kind of table and look for column named "ai lane count" in this colum set 0 everywhere and save. You dont have to extract road.def before editing.
If you want to remove supras only try this one: in base.scs/vehicle/ai/traffic storage.sii and delete line @include "definition/toyota_supra.sii". i havent tried it but it should work.

actually it is useful but be careful because sometimes vehicles appear (after crossroads) and trucks are sometimes on two lanes :)

i got one question too: has anyone edited truck wheels (pacejka.sii) to find a little better settings? it would be useful to have a little more grip in quick turns and while accelerating.
How do you go to 'def/world/road.def in the base.scs file ?
And how to open the base.scs file ?

Thx in advance
Old 10-18-2009, 11:55 AM   #130
Registered Member

What I do is change the file extension to .zip and then it open it without extracting. When i'm done editing I change it back because i dont know if the game will still funcion while reading a .zip
Old 10-19-2009, 12:35 PM   #131
Registered Member

you can simply open base.scs with Winrar or something similar for archives and after editing just save changes, but dont forget to set "compressing method" to "store"
Old 10-19-2009, 06:08 PM   #132
Registered Member

i had that same problem lol but i love this game to death lol i love trucking and if you upgrade your truck you can go faster just slow down when cops are there haha!!!!
Old 10-29-2009, 07:43 PM   #133
Registered Member

I have the solution to the music question. Open your music player of choice like windows media player, start music, open game and turn down game sounds so you can hear your music.
Old 10-31-2009, 05:12 AM   #134
Registered Member

How do you get the best out of driving, i.e., what truck + transmission and engine have the best performance (in terms of speed, I guess).

Also, how is it that sometimes the police chase you and other times they just give you a ticket...is there something to that, going one way or another?

And finally, what single load pays the most?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:29 AM   #135
Registered Member

Hi.
How can i find the road on this photo. Where is it. İf you know its number please write it. Could you help me, please?

http://www.americanlonghaul.com/screenshot.php?tn=8
Old 11-01-2009, 08:51 PM   #136
Registered Member

guys i got this game to now and im already in trble
i cant find a way to let the driver rest if hes tired can anyone help me out here ?
Old 11-01-2009, 09:24 PM   #137
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boernl View Post
guys i got this game to now and im already in trble
i cant find a way to let the driver rest if hes tired can anyone help me out here ?
i park the truck near a gas station but nothing happends he keeps saying you are tired should stop to rest
Old 11-02-2009, 01:41 AM   #138
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by boernl View Post
i park the truck near a gas station but nothing happends he keeps saying you are tired should stop to rest
If you have a sleeper cab (this means truck has a bed in cab), you can park your truck anywhere on the right side of the road. After that press N key and on the screen select advance time. You wil see advance time interface and select 8 hours, then click on it.

If you don't have sleeper cab, you must find a hotel.
Old 11-02-2009, 09:21 AM   #139
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzo View Post
If you have a sleeper cab (this means truck has a bed in cab), you can park your truck anywhere on the right side of the road. After that press N key and on the screen select advance time. You wil see advance time interface and select 8 hours, then click on it.

ty very much yh i have a sleeper that saves me loads of time
Old 11-02-2009, 05:13 PM   #140
Moderator: Design

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monzo View Post

I don't bother to park it, waste of precious seconds/minutes.

Validate your Markup Validate your CSS Notepad++
Please use [HTML], [PHP], and [CODE] when posting code or markup.
I do not help by Private Message or e-mail. If for some reason I have over-looked a reply to a thread that I have previously replied to, then send me a message.
dm01 is offline   Reply With Quote