Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

"You don't currently have permission to access this folder"

This is a discussion on "You don't currently have permission to access this folder" within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I got a new laptop after my previous one had the DC jack come detached from the motherboard and was

Closed Thread

Old 07-27-2011, 10:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via MSN to jerryspringer

I got a new laptop after my previous one had the DC jack come detached from the motherboard and was costly t fix. Anyways I bought an enclosure to transfer the files on the hard drive from my broken laptop onto my new laptop. I can see al of the folders and the folder sizes are all viewable, however when i try to open one of the files i receive the message ""You don't currently have permission to access this folder" click continue to permanently gain acces to this folder then "you have been denied permission to access this folder" to gain access to this folder you will need to use the security tab.

Is there a way to fix this so i can access these files and transfer onto my new hard drive?

Old 07-27-2011, 11:03 AM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Hi please see this How to access files or folders on an external HDD and deal with Ownership issues | | Tech Support Forum

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
shared folder with full permission cannot access files inside
Hi, I have shared one folder and in security I added "everyone" and given full permission (full control, write, etc.) But still I cannot access some pdf files in the folder from another computer. I can open the folder but when I try to open the pdf file I'm getting some permission error. Then...
comonforall Windows XP Support 2 07-01-2011 11:54 PM
trojan virus 'appears' to have deleted whole hard drive, docs and program files
Hi. My computer's picked up a trojan virus. I had one about a year ago and people were very helpful about it on here. But this one seems to be a lot more disruptive and i'm not sure how many helpful details i'm going to be able to give you. At the moment, i can't even run a scan on the system or...
mrbaggins Resolved HJT Threads 17 06-16-2011 07:37 AM
Removed Virus but still having problems
Hello, I'm working on a computer that has a problem. It firsted started off with AntiVirus AntiSpyware 2011 issues. Changed all the files to hidden, and Read-only. Disabled the Task manger. Once it got the Internet it would re-install. Went through the register and deleted all keys that...
sblair_5 Resolved HJT Threads 45 05-27-2011 08:05 PM
A Complex Issue...
Summary of problem: My family has been having trouble with this laptop for some time now. I've taken up the task of trying to solve whatever problem it may have. I find myself at a dead end though. I found that the computer, get this, had no anti virus protection. So I installed AVG. However, AVG...
Tyger2057 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 4 03-13-2011 10:31 AM
[SOLVED] VCExpress Problem, Probably AppData\Permissions Problem?
I think it should be related to this forum because I think the problem is something with AppData \ Permissions which is related to Windows 7. I'm having a problem while running\installing Visual C++. The problem started 2 days ago, it did work before. When I'm trying to run I'm getting this...
benben12 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 02-09-2011 12:45 PM