Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yellow exclamation triangle

7K views 10 replies 4 participants last post by  Tomken15 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I have just noticed these 2 icons on ''My Computer'' page. A yellow triangle and a green circle.

I'm happy with the green circle, but the yellow triangle is annoying me.

I've had a look in device manager but no problems there, I've also looked in event viewer for errors but there is nothing wrong there either.

Any help would be great.

TIA

Attachments

See less See more
#4 · (Edited)
As they disappear in Safe Mode then that rules out Windows basic drivers and you have three alerts showing in your pic - one on Windows C: the Recovery partition (D:) and the Backup partition so it would seem to be across the HDD which is the puzzler.

Via All Control Panel Items click on Action Center and expand Maintenance to see if anything is flagged.

It's been a while since I had anything flag up, but the notification for me showed in the System Tray.

This month's Windows Updates included KB2823324 which was causing a variety of problems and MS advised uninstalling it via Installed Updates - but I wouldn't have expected it to affect your Recovery partition.

If nothing is showing in Action Center then trying what restore points you have may resolve, as a clean boot would probably only be effective if it was just your Windows C:

Other than that - unless someone else comes up with anything - then I think you're looking at a factory reset.

#7 ·
Could they be something to do with McAfee? Could the AV program be suggesting that the drives need to be scanned, and that the externals check out as OK when connected? I think a factory reset is a bit drastic, after all, the only complaint is the appearance of the triangles, not that anything has failed to function or is not functioning correctly - Check your McAfee manual.

#9 ·
Thanks for all the help, the drives all operate ok, however there has now been some other changes. Not sure why as I haven't deleted or removed anything.

Now, the Drive icon has been replaced by a document icon, also I tried to do a system restore in case something had changed.

I also get an alert saying ''windows cannot find file svhost.exe please make sure you typed it correctly.

But when I went to system restore the earliest restore point was early evening on 29/4/2013. I know I had quite a few other restore points but now they have disappeared.

I really do not want to do a new install.

Attachments

#11 · (Edited)
I think it's time to let the security guys have a look at this.

Have a read through http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html and then open a new thread in the Virus & Trojan section.

If there's any op you are unable to do for whatever reason, say so in your opening post.

It's a busy section but if you haven't had a response within 72hrs then give the thread a Bump.

I also think it would be best if you removed those external drives unless the security guys state otherwise as if it is an infection - then they also appear to be infected and may have been the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.