Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

wuaueng.dll (480) error

This is a discussion on wuaueng.dll (480) error within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a User getting this error in his event log. I think it has something to do with windows

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2012, 03:50 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a User getting this error in his event log. I think it has something to do with windows updates but I can't find any information about it.

Here is the error:
wuaueng.dll (480) SUS20ClientDataStore: The version store for this instance (0) has reached its maximum size of 32Mb. It is likely that a long-running transaction is preventing cleanup of the version store and causing it to build up in size. Updates will be rejected until the long-running transaction has been completely committed or rolled back.
Possible long-running transaction:
SessionId: 0x00000000012B04A0
Session-context: 0x00000000
Session-context ThreadId: 0x00000000000013EC
Cleanup: 1

Any suggestions?
Thanks!

Old 04-04-2012, 04:18 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, press the win + r keys in the run box type:-

regsvr32 wuaueng.dll (press OK)

You should see a success message.

Old 04-04-2012, 04:24 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have ran this command and got the success message but still this erorr pops up in the event log if I run updates.
Old 04-04-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, download and run this program it is TFC by Old Timer:-(safe)

TFC - Temp File Cleaner by OldTimer - Geeks to Go Forums

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search