Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

WLM error message 0x8E5E0408

This is a discussion on WLM error message 0x8E5E0408 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. WLM cannot open - error message 0x8E5E0408 - calendar contains corrupt data forcing WLM to close - I have treid

Closed Thread

Old 06-08-2012, 01:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

Evil

WLM cannot open - error message 0x8E5E0408 - calendar contains corrupt data forcing WLM to close - I have treid to delete the calendars folder but it won't delete - needs administrator permission, thought I was the administrator - no-one else is!
I have had this problem before but since then had another with WLM persistently restoring storage folders et al, deleted and reinstalled WLM, calendar problem is back and I have forgotten how to deal with it.
OS windows 7
Help!

Old 06-09-2012, 06:26 AM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: XP, Vista, Seven, & a whole host you would never have heard of.

Hi, I have just taken ownership of the windows live mail folder the example is below you need to go to start ,search, and type:-cmd, right click on the returned cmd.exe and select "run as administrator" .

NOTE:- You will need to substitute your user name for mine (Paul) (Vistatest\paul), the cmds are in red (press enter after each)

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6000]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Windows\system32> Takeown /f "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail"

SUCCESS: The file (or folder): "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" now owned by user "VISTATEST\Paul".

C:\Windows\system32> Icacls "C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail" /grant vistatest\paul:f
processed file: C:\Users\Paul\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows Live Mail
Successfully processed 1 files; Failed processing 0 files

C:\Windows\system32>

You should now have permission to delete or rename calendar.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] How to save an e-mail on WLM?
Hi: I want to send one of my previous e-mails as an attachment. When I saved it by clicking 'Save' at the top of WLM, it does NOT save and instead a whole WLM screen showing up.:ermm: My question is; How to save one of my previous e-mail and send it to my friend as attachment? :confused:...
Snowflake10 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 5 12-30-2011 03:12 PM
Columns in WLM
my issue with WLM 2011 is the columns. The inbox column and the sent items column can't be changed independently. Every time one is edited the other changes automatically. I thought that they, like all previous windows mail columns could be changed seperately.
petertlm Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 10-12-2011 12:36 AM
problem with the Digital ID for wlm 2011
I received a comodo secure email certificate whch Iwas able to export it to pfx format with a private key. I was trying to get the Digital ID for my wlm 2011 client and I went Options->Safety Options ... > "Security" tab --> Digital ID --> As result a "certificate" windows pops up and I can find...
Aurora.I General Computer Security 0 07-18-2011 07:36 PM
WLM only allows you to import ONE e-mail address?
Hello... Hi, I have a new windows 7 Home Premium computer and am I am importing a CSV file from another e-mail client (XP system) into WLM. When I get to the field mapping box the "Text Field "column only allows for importing one e-mail address. Yet if you open a contact in WLM (or create a new...
showhost Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-29-2011 11:01 AM
WLM only allows you to import ONE e-mail address?
Hello... I am importing a CSV file from another e-mail client into WLM. When I get to the field mapping box the default "Text Field "column only allows for one e-mail address. Yet if you open an imported contact in WLM (or create a new contact) the Contact Tab allows for 3 separate e-mails --...
showhost Windows XP Support 1 03-29-2011 09:03 AM