Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows updates error cod 8024A000

SOLVED 
4K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  spunk.funk 
#1 ·
Hello everybody! My computer is Dell Optiplex 780, Memory 4GB, original HD 2Tb OS 7 64 bit and secondary HD 1 Tb with fresh installed windows vista 32 bit and dedicated to work on it only for photoshop and some times for upgrade or download subsidiary software. NOT for serving internet. Tried to download windows update, security patches and receive error code 8024A000. Windows could not search for new updates! I check all internet and do not fined any help. I run sfc /sgannow without any success. Software Windows Vista from CD which came with my old computer Dell Dimension E520.
Second question is it possible to find updates and where to fine them because vista is not supported any more by Microsoft?
Any help I deeply appreciated.
:banghead:

#3 ·
I downloaded windows vista on the separate HD because to update my PH and any subsidiary softwares as “Heat image, PT lens” and others to work in windows 7 64 bit became too expensive. Not every company offer free upgrade. For them better to sale new versions but I bought this softwares ears ago. Windows vista 32 bit working fine with 64 bit processor and all these programs work fine!

#4 ·
Hi, if as I take it you do not use this machine connected to the internet, then updates will not be needed. I have a Vista machine (not connected to the internet) and it has never been to WU, works fine, it is used for testing purposes. Much maligned, I find Vista to be a very good OS.

#5 ·
Hi there,

You mentioned the computer is "NOT for serving internet". I'd take it that the computer is not connected to the internet? If not, then Windows Updates will fail. Also, Microsoft stopped supporting Vista. It's probably best to upgrade the OS to at least Windows 7.

#6 ·
Thanks all of you for responds. These machine I keep with 2 HD. Second is OS windows 7 and I need to connect it to internet. I think Microsoft have some where archive with old windows updates (security patches) for vista. If I disable internet Explorer and blocked port 445 am I will be more safe to any attack from hackers?
Thanks again for responds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.