Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Update Freeze

1K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  bubben3 
#1 · (Edited)
Im running Vista32. Two weeks ago it happened first time. After a reboot of the computer it was a Windows update. It came to stage 3 and stopped at 50% and after that it took about 1minute and the computer restarted. It kept doing this and didnt stop.
I talked with a friend and he told me to do System restore (small Microsoft one) which helped. Then i didnt have any problems until now. It happens every time i start the computer and forces me to do this small System restore every time i start the computer which i find very annoying. I've now talked with more people and they say the only way to sort the problem is to do the big system restore (Reset it as it was when u bought the computer).
I would like to avoid this if it is possible, no one i've talked with so far know any other way to sort it so i thought i'd post here to see if anyone else had the problem and managed to solve it without the big system restore.

Ask questions if you need more information because im not 100% sure how much and what kind of info you actually need!

Thanks for any replies!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.