Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows time does not want to sync

1K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Matt95 
#1 ·
Hello,

I have had a problem with my Windows Time service for quite some months now, searched almost every possible solution I could find but I feel like I'm just going on a road that goes nowhere.

The problem:
My time seems to be perfectly okay and the date and time is all accurate, yet trying to sync to time.windows.com does not work. It either tells me the access is denied or I get a 1290 SID error.

I tried pretty much all the solutions in this post here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...80070005/9e4bb27f-121d-437e-8ccc-397d417f5275

But no matter what I do, or in which order I do it. I either end up with "access denied'' or error 1290 whenever I try to sync to a windows time server. I've also done a sfc scannow command and it told me nothing was wrong. My BIOS was also updated today.

If anybody has any solutions I'd be happy to hear them, thanks in advance!

#4 ·
If your time and date are correct then there is no need to adjust the sync.
I would think so too but my windows updates haven't been working for months, tried everything I could find on google to fix it and I still believe it is a time related issue. (gives me error code 80072f8f everytime I try to check for updates.)

Using the sc config w32time type= own does seem to start up my windows time service again but then when I try to sync to any time server I get access denied again, which is the endless loop I've been stuck in for months now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.