Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Media Player won't close completely

5K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  red_phoenix 
#1 ·
When I open a video or audio file in WMP 11 it works fine. However when I close it (I am closing it not minimizing it) the audio still plays. If I click on another file to play it plays the file fine but again, when I close it out, the audio still plays from that file until I open another file. The only way I can completely close it is to go to task manager and end the wmplayer.exe process.

Restarting prevents this from happening for a very short period of time, but eventually it starts doing it again and I have to keep going to task manager to end the process or restart again. It's becoming annoying.

If there is some other process causing this, I haven't determined what it could possibly be. I haven't installed any new programs since this has been happening and scans are showing that I am virus and malware free. Other than this problem, my PC is running great.

#2 ·
it seems that u have problems with task managing in windows..
try to see if there is a background program working hard by see ur task manager.
if theres none, perhaps ur configuration is damaged.
try to downgrading WMP to original state by uninstall it in add or remove program menu..

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.