Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Mail - can receive but can't send

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  jenae 
#1 ·
Hi, I hope somebody can help me. We have had our ISP email setup through Windows Mail for several months and it has been working fine until a few weeks ago. Now, we can receive emails just fine and our internet connection works, but I get an error when I try to send an email. This is the error:

The message could not be sent. The authentication setting might not be correct for your outgoing e-mail [SMTP] server. For help solving this problem, go to Help, search for "Troubleshoot Windows Mail", and read the "I'm having problems sending e-mail" section. If you need help determining the proper server settings, please contact your e-mail service provider.

The rejected e-mail address was 'xxxxx@hotmail.com'. Subject 'test', Account: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Server: 'mail.aapt.net.au', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '554 5.7.1 <C-59-100-28-214.for.connect.net.au[59.100.28.214]>: Client host rejected: (SPM:RAD) User account blocked from sending email due to policy violation - Please contact support', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 554, Error Number: 0x800CCC79

I have spoken to the ISP and all of our settings seem to be correct, and I can send and receive email through our webmail, but just not from Windows Mail. I have done a full system virus scan which came up with nothing, and we also tried disabling the anti-virus and I still couldn't send email from Windows Mail.

I don't know what else to try, I'm definitely not a high-tech person. My ISP suggested that I contact Microsoft, and that I may or may not get charged for this. I don't recall changing any settings or installing anything new at the time when we started having this problem.

Any help that anyone can give me would be much appreciated.

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi, this little Util (WMUTIL) is a life saver for Windows mail.

In some circumstances, messages will become stuck in the Outbox folder according to WinMail (even though no message may exist in the outbox directory of eml files). These stuck messages prevent WinMail from being able to send any messages. Clicking on the Clear Outbox button will remove all references in the database to Outbox messages. This should then enable the user to send messages again.
Get it here:-

http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil/Default.aspx

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.