Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Live Messenger Starts Up When Logging In to Live Mail in Browser

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  usasma 
#1 ·
This is a slightly annoying problem. I've disabled Windows Live Messenger from starting up, both through Messenger's options and through MSCONFIG. The program doesn't start when Windows starts. But when I log on to Windows Live Mail through a web browser, Messenger starts up on it's own. I cannot figure out a way to disable this. I've looked through Live Mail options and can't find anything to denote starting up the program. I only use my Live Mail account for junk mail, but need to check it occasionally and would prefer it if Messenger didn't start up on it's own.

#2 ·
From this post: http://www.vistax64.com/live-messen...ows-messenger-gpo-restriction.html#post964562

...Pop open IE on any machine with Messenger, choose the Tools menu, Manage Add-ons
and Enable or Disable Add-ons. Show the entries that run without requiring permission and
the specific entry you'll want to disable is "Windows Live", which corresponds to the
"MSGSC1~1.DLL" file which in the latest 2009 release will correspond to \Program
Files\Windows Live\msgsc.14.0.8050.1202.dll and CLSID is
{E1771B7F-98BE-407F-BA67-AA16ADA5D0C5}.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.