Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Live Messenger Problems with Windows 7

2K views 12 replies 4 participants last post by  jcgriff2 
#1 ·
Earlier this week, all was good, and I could sign into MSN fine. :4-dontkno

A few days ago, it started to pop up with the message saying "Windows Live Communications Platform has encountered problems and needs to close."

I seemed to have managed to have fixed that today, but now when I go to sign in it comes up with the message:

"The service is temporarily unavailable. Please try again later. Error code: 800702e4"

Are these connected in any way, and does anyone know how to fix the problem and allow me to sign back into MSN?

Thank you for any help given.

#2 ·
0x800702e4 = elevation is required

What was the earlier issue (few days ago) and how did you fix it?

Check to see what has installed recently - Reliability Monitor -
START | type perfmon /rel

Try Windows System Restore - choose a restore point prior to the beginning of trouble last week -
START | type rstrui

Regards. . .

jcgriff2

`

#3 ·
I was told to set wlcomm on the Contacts page to disable visual themes, and set to run with windows 95. I then did a startup repair, and the message about Windows Live Communications Platform disappeared.

Now I get the message about the server being down, and to try later, but it comes up within seconds of me trying to log in, giving no chance.

System restore unfortunately doesn't have a point where before the problem started. It goes back to the 18th, but the last I can remember it working was the 16th.

#5 ·
Is there anyway to locate your custom emoticons and save them?

I have a lot of them, and re-installing MSN would surely rid of them, which isn't exactly what I want to happen.

It worked fine a few days back, but its gone weird. The error code is now 8000ffff and the small sign in part is longer, but then stops.

#8 ·
I just did that, and now I'm getting the "We can't sign you in as the server is temporarily down".

It's getting quite frustrating. I don't really want to uninstall as I will lose all my custom emoticons, and as I've seen online, people who have uninstalled have still not solved the problem.

#10 ·
You think it's their end? Oh okay.

Well I re-installed today, and the WLCP message still popped up. Is there any way to delete that and re-install? I heard something about contacts.csi

Also, when I click for MSN to open, it doesn't, and sometimes it can take several clicks, and a few minutes to open.

#11 ·
EDIT: I am now getting this code: 80004005

I followed Windows instructions to solve it, but to no avail. I also did a scan of my Kaspersky Internet Security, and it says my computer is protected. Is there any free software to check for malwares or anything of that sort? Really frustrated not being able to use my WLM.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.