Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows Live Messenger problems

2K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  geckotooth 
#1 ·
Okay, so a few days ago I updated my Windows Essentials and it updated my messenger to 2011. I did not like that version, so I uninstalled it from my laptop. Then I installed an the old version I liked, (or I think I did.)
Anyways, the problem is with my cam.

As you can see, it says "Start or stop a video call" It did not say that before. It used to say " Invite contact to send cam" or " Send your cam". Now it only says "Start or stop video call"
Does anyone know how to fix this and make back to what it said before? I really need it back to that way. Or is there a version of messenger that has it that way? All help is appreciated. Thank you very much.

See less See more
#2 ·
Well, an update, I asked some friends and this is what happened.

This one can see the old version options.

But this friend says that "start or stop video call" is given to him for all his contacts.

But at the same time, this friend said that the option "start or stop video call" is only given to me. To the rest of her contact list, its a normal "send cam" or "start or stop contact's cam"

Is there any way to configure my settings on messenger to show the option "send my cam" or "start or stop contact's cam" instead of "start or stop video call" ??
I would really really appreciate any help on this. Please. All ideas are welcome. I really need the help. PLEASE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.