Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows live messenger and now my whole system is having problems.

818 views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  NoLogoOnTheFoam 
#1 ·
I think a program I used for uninstalling windows live messenger has deleted some core programs and windows fails to do simple tasks like copying and pasting.

I was having issues with windows live messenger and was attempting to uninstall all componants and reinstall again but it wouldn't let me uninstall. After reading old forums on other sites I saw Revo Uninstaller pop up alot so I went with that.

After uninstalling with that, just going through the steps it said. I seem to have lost many basic functions. Noted so far, it doesn't realise connection status although I am online. Signing in to msn blue screen restarts my system. inabillity to cut, copy and paste files. Fails to system restore for some reason.

Any explanation and oppinions on my situation would be very greatful. I really don't want to have to lose any files currently not on my harddrive and I'm unsure what else to try.

I'm not very experienced with computers so if you give me replies in lay terms it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

#3 ·
Hey.
Thanks for the help.
Unfortunately I've already tried system restoring to all available points. And nothing has worked.
At this stage you recomend a new laptop or buying windows 7? If I installed windows 7 would that fix the problem. Can I determine whether it's a hardware or software issue?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.