Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows installer runs on startup

5K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  telwat 
#1 ·
Well hello everyone.. I'm a new member and signed up because of this problem..
Here it is:
At startup, Windows Installer pops up and it tries to install something into the computer. then, a security message pops up saying "An unidentified program wants access to your computer". The program is by "Unidentified Publisher". Everytime it asks for permission, I deny it access for fear of virus/malware.
The problem is:
I DON'T KNOW what it is, where it comes from or who published it. It pops up at EVERY startup. It's annoying but at the same time scary. What if it is a crucial update or something?? What if it's a virus??

Waiting for a solution. Still denying access.

Thx

#2 ·
The Windows Installer CleanUp Utility can help with installers running at startup

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/290301

It may help remove that installer from starting up however you would have to know the name of the installer you're looking for. When you install the CleanUp Utility it will show you a large list of installers and you'd want choose the one that's starting up with Windows.

Hope it helps you.

#3 ·
really, i don't know what's the installer is installing. If there is any way to know, pls tell me.
apparently, if i log in after another user log off, nothing pops up. My sister was the first person using the computer this morning. I asked her whether she saw any installer and she said no.. i wouldn't trust her though, she's 8 -.-

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.