Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Windows crashes after install Windows updates

3K views 13 replies 6 participants last post by  hanrickjones 
#1 ·
My Toshiba Sattelite laptop crashed when I was installing updates for windows 7. This has happened before so I recovered with the windows 7 disc and then loaded Norton and it crashed again! Now It will not go to ANY screens other than black screen. I tried safe mode, commandt prompt etc. It will not let me do ANYTHING. It just keeps going back to the same screen. I tried windows normally and repair. Both crash back to the same screen. The laptop is about 3 years old. Ican't type anything for commandt prompt. It won't let me. Thanks for any insight on this frustrating problem!!

#5 ·
I start the computer and I pick either repair (recommended) or start windows normally, and it goes to the windows screen ( with the logo) and says its starting,. Then it goes back to the original screen I just came from. It won't let me go any where or do anything. I tried it with the disc and without. Thanks for any help!

#12 ·
it sounds like your HDD has failed. Download the ISO image for either Seatools, Drive Fitness or WD DataLifeGuard in my signature and Burn the image to CD using IMGBurn also in my signature and boot off of the newly created CD and run the Short and the Long tests on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.