Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Windows 7 Touch/Pen Display Issues

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Touch/Pen Display Issues within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (x64). I have two monitors: a 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC, which is just

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2009, 09:25 AM   #1
Registered Member

I just upgraded to Windows 7 Home Premium (x64).
I have two monitors: a 24" Dell 2407WFP-HC, which is just a standard, non-touch monitor, and a Wacom Cintiq 21UX, which is a pen-enabled display.
I've got two issues, which may be related.
The Wacom is pressure-sensitive, but in Photoshop the pressure-sensitivity isn't registering. The lightest press creates a line with the same thickness as the heaviest press.
Also, every press results in the little swirling circle Tablet PC thing, which wasn't the case back when I was using Vista. In Vista I would get that only the first time I pressed the pen to the screen.
The problem seems specific to Photoshop, as I do get pressure-sensitivity in Corel Painter.
I'm not sure if this is the cause of the issue, but when I go into the Tablet PC Settings in the Control Panel, on the Display tab under Display Options there's a drop-down menu listing both monitors. When the Dell monitor is selected it says "Pen Input Available" and gives me a Calibrate button. If I choose the Wacom, it says "No Pen or Touch input is available for this display," and the Calibrate button is greyed out.
If I click the Setup button under Configure (still on the Display tab), both screens turn a light grey and the Dell screen shows a message saying "Tap this screen with your tablet pen to set it as the Tablet PC screen," with the option to hit enter to move the message to the other display. I do that, then tap the Wacom, but it doesn't change anything.
I'm not sure if the two problems are related or not.
I've installed the most recent driver from Wacom, and gone through all the steps for calibrating it, but it doesn't seem to make a difference.
I don't know if the fact that Windows things the plain old Dell monitor is the Tablet PC screen is what's causing my Photoshop issues, but any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-25-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
Registered Member

In case anyone is interested...
Which monitor is listed as being Pen and Touch enabled depends on which one is set as primary. Changing it didn't resolve my Photoshop problem.
However, I took a shot in the dark and disabled "Pen Flicks." That solved the Photoshop issue.

Old 10-26-2009, 03:19 PM   #3
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Thanks for letting us know! I'm sure it'll help others who come searching for help with similar issues.
Closed Thread
Gear in this thread