Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Windows 7 recent items start menu odd problem

This is a discussion on Windows 7 recent items start menu odd problem within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, just installed windows 7 ultimate. I have an odd problem with the recent programs in the start menu. The

Closed Thread

Old 03-26-2012, 05:56 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, just installed windows 7 ultimate. I have an odd problem with the recent programs in the start menu. The recent programs are showing except for some exceptions. The programs that are pinned to the task bar don't show in the recent programs until I unpin them first, If i pin them to the task bar again, they dissapear from the recent programs in the start menu. Also other programs like "windows update" or "uninstall a program" don't stay in the recent programs list. Not sure if this is a part of windows 7 or something here is messed up, but I think this hasn't happened before with other windows 7 machines I have worked with. I have tried the several methods I found on the web to repair the recent programs in the start menu like fixing the registry by changing certain value to 3, also start menu properties, restoring jump lists, etc. But nothing changes this. Any idea?

Thanks.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Windows XP system runs extremely slow - HDD Problem?
Hello. I am working on a clients computer, an HP Dv5000. According to him, the hard drive has been replaced and a new windows xp install has been done. I recently eliminated a virus on it (about 2 months ago), and it was running fine up until now. The system seems to work correctly,...
Wills74Corvette BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 29 08-05-2012 06:22 PM
Windows network error
Hello, i have a problem with my computer right now. Recently, i had installed a program for a wireless bluetooth adapter, this worked fine but it was not what i needed, so i uninstalled the software and brought the adapter back to the store and went back to using my old one, but ever since i...
kaisuk0 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 6 04-01-2012 12:05 AM
Mapped drive on Windows NT 2000 server not accessible
I have a domain with a domain controller Server 2003. I have a backup dc running an application with server 2008. The shared folder I am trying to access is on an nt server 2000. We have had a mapped drive "I:" and have used it for years. Our copier also scans to a shared folder on the server 2000...
usmer1 File and Application Sharing 1 03-28-2012 09:24 PM
Final Fantasy Graphics problem
I am having a graphics issue with FFXI wherein when combat ensues, contact made results in various distracting screen glitches. System: Asus Maximus IV extreme-z Motherboard i7-2600k CPU Win 7 HP x64 OS 16 GB pc3 12800 RAM 128 GB SATA III SSD 2x EVGA GTX 580 in SLI corsair AX1200 PSU
sccontryman PC Gaming Support 1 03-27-2012 09:32 AM
Winsock error or Ipmontr.dll failed to start
I'm unable to serf internet on my home of because error 12159 ...TCP/IP protocol is not installed properly . I ran the netsh reset command and got the following message ... Initialization function inithelperdll in the Ipmontr.dll failed to start with error code 11003
sqldba2012 Windows XP Support 1 03-26-2012 11:01 AM