Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Windows 7 Random Freezing

This is a discussion on Windows 7 Random Freezing within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I had just recently built a new computer and got it all up and running. The problem is that since

Closed Thread

Old 03-18-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

I had just recently built a new computer and got it all up and running. The problem is that since I got it going it has been randomly freezing. It may be on for a day and be fine other times it's about ten minutes, it's very random on the length and what is going on.
So far I have defraged my hard drive, and ran the Western Digital drive check. I have also tried to see if setting it to high performance would do anything, it kinda seemed to, by kinda I mean the frequency of the freezing has lessened but has not stooped.

Here are some of the computers specs with an attached spec sheet ran from speccy.

Voltages:
Vcore = 0.968 V
3.3 V = 3.200 V
5 V = 5.087 V
12 V = 12.232 V

CPU Temp 38C

I would greatly appreciate any help.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Comp Specs.txt (101.3 KB, 3 views)

Old 03-18-2012, 03:23 PM   #2
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Hello Welcome to TSF. What is the brand and wattage of you PSU?

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Old 03-18-2012, 04:14 PM   #3
Registered Member

It is a ThermalTake TR2 RX 850W Power Supply

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Repeated Random Crashes, periodic BSOD...
Hello all, This is my first post on here so let me offer a preemptive thank you for taking the time for the assistance. I am at my wits end trying to figure out what is wrong with my computer. I am by no means a guru at this, my current machine is a build that my buddy helped me with and now...
InfantryLT BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 17 05-14-2012 07:35 PM
Windows 7 won't boot after uninstalling AMD Driver
Hello All My system was running perfectly till a AMD software tried to update the drivers and then it was giving error msg my display driver is not installed. I downloaded the latest driver pakage from AMD and tried to reinstall but log file showed display driver failed. So I uninstalled AMD...
Analyzer Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 3 03-23-2012 03:07 PM
Windows XP doesn't boot after running combofix
Preface: My laptop had been infected with the not so good rootkits lately (earlier stdrt and then later zeroaccess). While I've been able to disinfect stdrt with the help of unhack me and combofix before, it all started a couple of weeks back when I'd noticed unhackme warning me about some random...
shashanks Windows XP Support 23 03-19-2012 11:40 AM
Windows 7 startup fails. Recovery disk says -isapnp.sys missing or corrupted
Laptop configuration: Windows 7 64 bit Professional Linux 11.04 (dual boot) i7, 2Gb RAM. The computer has been running fine for the last year. I am giving the series of events below: (Please note that linux is still running fine, so this cant be a hardware problem)
hypernova Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 2 03-18-2012 01:51 PM
Nintendo DS Lite: shutting down by itself and freezing
hi, my ds had this problem: it shut down by itself. i understand that this means something is broken, but at different fora they explain different problems, it could be a fuse, or a cable, i don't know, really. so can anybody help me? then, later another problem occured, which might be related:...
jaany2 Console Gaming Support 0 03-18-2012 06:44 AM