Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Windows 7 bad image error

This is a discussion on Windows 7 bad image error within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey, so my computer's having some issues with what it's calling a "bad image error." On certain programs, it won't

Closed Thread

Old 08-25-2010, 12:16 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey, so my computer's having some issues with what it's calling a "bad image error." On certain programs, it won't open because it can't access certain files like "msidcrl40.dll" (though that's not the only one). I did a deep scan with several antivirus programs and removed a few trojans, but the problem's persisted.

I went online and found out that using OTL to scan the computer seems to be a popular method. However, it also seems OTL can't fix the problem, it can only analyze it. Fortunately, it does seem to have found the relevant files that aren't working.

My hope is that by posting the OTL scan's results here, I can figure out a way to solve the problem.

Thanks
Attached Files
File Type: txt OTL scan 082410 1.txt (71.1 KB, 57 views)

Old 08-25-2010, 02:25 PM   #2
Certifiable Lazy Bum

Send a message via Yahoo to sobeit

try click the start and type CMD, when it comes up right-click it & select 'run as administrator'. Once CMD is open, type sfc /scannow. This will do a complete system file integrity check which will located damaged/corrupt files & replace them with backups of the original.

Old 08-25-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
Registered Member

Did it. Unfortunately, while it did provide a scan report it didn't seem to do anything.

EDIT: For some reason I can't upload the second scan file (it might be too large, I'm not sure) and the browser's seizing up when I try and copy and paste it.
Old 08-31-2010, 07:15 PM   #4
Registered Member

Since it won't upload here, I'm putting the results on dropbox.

CBS.log: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4137306/tech...forums/CBS.log

CMD sf scannow failure.PNG: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4137306/tech...%20failure.PNG

OTL scan 082410 1.txt: http://dl.dropbox.com/u/4137306/tech...082410%201.txt

I really hope you can figure out how to fix this, because I've had no luck.