Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Windows 7 64-bit and Windows Live Mail

This is a discussion on Windows 7 64-bit and Windows Live Mail within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I am having a huge problem with Windows Live Mail and IMAP. I create the IMAP account and it pulls

Closed Thread

Old 10-13-2011, 07:17 AM   #1
Registered Member

I am having a huge problem with Windows Live Mail and IMAP.

I create the IMAP account and it pulls all the mail down correctly and synchronises with the server.

But then the next day it creates 4 account with the same details and tries to download mail to all the accounts.

What I have noticed is that mail is stored in the Recovered Items folder under Storage Folders.

I have gone to Users > username > AppData > Local > Microsoft > Windows Live Mail.

I see numerous folders here. Each has an inbox, sent and deleted items, with the messages duplicated in each folder

All I can sum up is that each time it creates a recovery folder on the storage folder, it is pulling the mail and storing it on the machine instead of retrieving and syncing up with the mail server.

I have to deleted all the email accounts and respective folders. Then setup the account again each morning.

I am not too sure why it is doing this. If anyone can help that would be great.

Old 10-13-2011, 01:42 PM   #2
Enthusiast

IMAP Folders for Windows Live Mail | Tiger Technologies Support

Old 10-13-2011, 09:16 PM   #3
Registered Member

I have tried the link you posted.

If if Inbox as the root folder path, then it doesnt find any of my folders to download. But if I leave the Root Path box as empty then it finds all the folder s and downloads them.

But I run into the same problem where it tries to download all the mail again and creates the other accounts for some arb reason

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Probably Phished; Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while"verifying startup pr
Hi there, E here. Probably got Phished while signing into redbox.com located via google search vice saved link :( Multiple Avira scans incomplete; Winpatrol stalls while "verifying startup programs" forcing reboot; linking attach.zip to post also froze pc requiring reboot. 2nd attempt at...
ebernheisel Resolved HJT Threads 50 09-29-2011 11:27 AM
3TB HDD won't format
I recently bought a 3TB 5400RPM hard drive and placed it in an enclosure. I orginially had connected it to my PC via USB 2.0 and formatted the entire drive and everything seemed to be in working order. After that I decided to connect the drive via eSATA because of the speed increase. When...
UhOhOhNo Hard Drive Support 8 09-13-2011 08:22 PM
Being Redirected to other sites when Searching on Google
Hello, My problem is that I am being redirected to other sites when searching using Google. I searched around and was told it is a redirection malware/virus that cannot be detected with my normal virus scanner. I was also told I could use "Combofix", but not to use it unless directed to...
cheriserandle Resolved HJT Threads 24 07-31-2011 08:11 PM
Computer infected with malware;possibly a virus.
I performed a scan with Avira. It located two things: EXP/Javi.B and TR/Trash.Gen I also performed a Malwarebytes scan.It found Trojan.Hiloti The malware disabled my entire computer sound system. It takes literally 5 minutes to launch either of my browsers.I have IE8 & Firefox. The only way I...
fanny1234 Inactive Malware Help Topics 34 05-07-2011 07:49 PM
Aggravating Google Redirect Virus on Wife's Computer
my wife's laptop suddenly is getting the redirect on google searches. i know this is one of your common problems to fix. i had the same problem on my computer about a year ago and your help was the only way i got rid of it on my computer. this computer runs updated version of webroot securities....
scott1nc Inactive Malware Help Topics 36 04-20-2011 04:27 AM