Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] Win Repair Disk

3K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  joslin 
#1 ·
I am not able to make a system repair disk in either a 32 or 64 bit PC. I have tried from the control panel, run sfc, recdisc at prompt as suggested by others but no results.

#2 · (Edited)
Re: Win Repair Disk

Run sfc - which is system file check will not make you a repair disc
I do not know what you have tried from Control Panel but try this one

Control Panel

Backup and Restore
  1. Backup and Restore.
  2. In the left pane, click Create a system repair disc, and then follow the steps.
    If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
You will also note that on that window is System Image
that of course requires an external drive as it is a complete image of your computer drive as it is now

The repair disc will not install windows.

Please see screenshot

I have just noticed that you have posted in the Windows 7/Vista forum but your OS is listed as XP

Attachments

#4 ·

Sorry for the poor post. I am running win7 on 32 bit and 64 bit machines. The ref about sfc was suggested as a fix. I have tried your comments before with no results. Each time the PC's run the program but stops and says" the system repair disk could not be created error 0x80070057' on the 64 bit and only the text on the 32 bit. Many suggestions fr web are no help but there are many others with the same problem.

#6 ·

jenae
Thanks

joslin
Try this please
"0x80070057" error message when you back up files in Windows 7

Either the manual method or the automatic fix if that is available to you
I do not recommend you try the manual registry edit
Before you make any changes I recommend a restore point
Although the autofix should create one for you.
Ensure of course that restore - system protection is ON

#7 ·

I have tried both methods plus the fix it myself with nothing positive. One PC had a system option the other had system certificate under microsoft, both PC had a 1 in valua data but I just repeated the steps in the fix. I am getting the same screen statements just as I did when I started about program failed and error. I have read comments on web about contacting MS and never getting any answers.

#10 ·

N0 - I do not have any running on any PC. However, I went thru 5 PC's - not all mine - and I found an upgraded win7 where I could make the start up disk and it works fine.??? I made several for friends with the same problem and they all work even on win8 - 32 bit machines.

Still would like to know what the problem is???

#12 ·

Just a question. Do you, by chance, have DELL computers?

I just had occasion a couple of months ago to configure a new DELL XPS 8700 for a friend and I too could not create a system repair disk. I can't recall what the error messages were, if any, but I found the solution on the DELL Forums. There is a file, related to their backup and recovery bloatware, that has to be renamed and then the start-up repair disk can be created. After that is done, you rename the file back to its original name.

Just a shot in the dark. Have a great day.

Regards,
-Phil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.