Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wierd network issue

1K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  xkharn999x 
#1 ·
I have recently install a few diff copies of windows 7, and all of them have gave me the same issue(currently using 7 ulti). When I do a "cold boot" My network drivers or device will not start, always trying to get my wifi adapter to work instead of my wired connection. If wifi is disabled it still just gives me no connection, but my onboard lan light is still green. If I click restart it works fine. EVERY TIME! It's not a super big deal but for the past 3 months or so I have to constantly start-up my computer twice in a row for it to work. *** is going on/ how can i fix it? Just using a regular intel board nothing fancy, i5, 12gb ram pre-built store bought computer. The old version of 7 and vista I have used never gave me this issue. All help appreciated! All versions of windows have been 64-bit.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
Many copies (including the copy that came with the computer originally)...both have issues. Have done multiple driver updates and versions. My wired connection runs outside my house thru 2 windows...maybe its time I make a new one at work lol. Never thought it could be the cable since it works flawlessly after the warm boot. All of my HDD and SSD's have been recently formatted and removed all logs of old windows and drivers.

#6 ·
The on I had, went from the PC to a router, the router to a cable modem in the basement, the wire between the cable modem and router was shorted where it went under the baseboard through the floor, the Gigabyte motherboard would detect a short on boot but only sometimes and disable the nic. If I plugged my laptop in it worked but seemed slow. On the second boot for some reason it didn't detect the short and left the nic enabled and worked.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.