Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

web browsers not working

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Masterchiefxx17 
#1 ·
So all of a sudden, all my web browsers (chrome firefox) stopped working except for internet explorer. I click the icon and the process shows up in the task manager but the window doesn't come up, even after several minutes. sometimes it comes up but then crashes the second it does so.

restarted computer --> problem not resolved

scanned with avast --> nothing found --> problem not resolved

scanned with malwarebytes --> 7 threats found --> 7 threats removed --> no change still. so problem not resolved.

well.... i'm out of ideas....... assistance appreciated.

note: it's jsut the web browsers that i'm having the issue with. other things that are internet dependent are unaffected

note2: for some reason, anything i try to download through internet explorer says "file cannot be downloaded" (i'm not sure if that is relevant.)

but that's all i know and all i've observed and done and what not.

See less See more
#2 ·
Seeing that MBAM found 7 issues I would have our virus team take a look. Otherwise come back to this thread.

Please read all of the following instructions found here: http://www.techsupportforum.com/for...-posting-for-malware-removal-help-305963.html

After reading all of the instructions found above post the required logs in a new thread: Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help - Tech Support Forum

Please note that the virus team is very busy and will get to you in due time. If you do not get a reply within 72 hours then you may bump the post.

Do not post any logs here!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.