Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Vista Dell factory image restore help

This is a discussion on Vista Dell factory image restore help within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. lately my dell has been giving my allot of problems, very slow, and most of all crashing randomly, sometimes an

Closed Thread

Old 04-02-2011, 02:12 PM   #1
Registered Member

lately my dell has been giving my allot of problems, very slow, and most of all crashing randomly, sometimes an hour after using it but most of the time seconds after logging in or as soon as I log in. I wanted to restore it to format my hard drive but I couldn't because my OS was on my :C drive. I tried to do Dell Image Factory restore but as I searched around I feel like im the only one with this problem. I hit F8 b4 the Windows logo shows up, I get to the Advanced Boot options and select repair your computer as I was instructed. However thats where things go awry, instead of where I was instructed to select languages.etc it just boots up to the login screen after awhile and instead gives me a login screen for "Other User" and since im the only account on my computer there was no way for me to login. My computer uses Windows Vista Ultimate, and came pre-installed with Vista, so I don't have a repair disk of any sort. I tried running in safe-mode to select system restore, but it didn't show any signs of starting it up when I selected it and ended up crashing my computer. I don't know much about recovery (I backup'ed what I needed to on a USB drive) but the :D Recovery drive is intact and i've never touched it what so ever. I've heard things about partions and volumes and it just made me confused. any help would be appreciated.

Old 04-02-2011, 02:14 PM   #2
Administrator

Team Manager
- Networking
- Microsoft Support
- Hardware

If you have the Dell System restore ( not all Dells do ) you can use that and you will not need a install CD

Dell - Technical Support

If not, You can get a reinstallation guide specific to your Dell here

You can request a replacement instalation cd here:

Old 04-02-2011, 02:36 PM   #3
Team Manager - Hardware

My System

There is no way we can possibly answer that without knowing system and model number as Old Rich states, not all models have that capability and many that do do it differently.

All PC's are not the same. Posting your PC specs will help us to assist you quicker and effectively.
Old 04-02-2011, 02:58 PM   #4
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 7 Pro, ME, Vista. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000 & 98SE

Computer>D:>Tools>PC Restore

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread