Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Vista and environment problems

This is a discussion on Vista and environment problems within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. This is the error that i come up with with every application on my system. "The system could not find

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 10:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

This is the error that i come up with with every application on my system. "The system could not find the environment option entered". I have run everything as an administrator and even in safe mode, nothing...... Well, i noticed the other day that when I click properties on my computer it does not recognize what processor I am using, or the amount of RAM that I have. I feel like I have exhausted all my options and my only choice is to re-install windows. Now that being said, I have a pre-loaded version of vista 32 on my acer desktop. I have acquired my product key via "keyfinder". I d/l'd a version of vista 32 and have burnt it on a dvd as an iso. Can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do, i realize i am going to loose everything saved. I have a c:drive and a d: drive, all my pictures are on my d: drive and I have backed them up onto disks. Please help, this computer is SLOW and LAGGY!!!

and is there anyway to keep my subscription to norton??

Old 04-05-2010, 05:09 PM   #2
Registered Member

Hi herring81,

This is Mike from the Norton Authorized Support Team.

After you reinstall Windows, you can download the latest installer for your Norton product and reinstall the software. You should log in to your My Norton Account at the link below and make note of your Activation Key.

My Norton account

You can then re-download the latest version of the installer for the Norton product you own by selecting the "Download" link under the product.

Download the latest installer for your Norton product

Thank you,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by lherring81 View Post
This is the error that i come up with with every application on my system. "The system could not find the environment option entered". I have run everything as an administrator and even in safe mode, nothing...... Well, i noticed the other day that when I click properties on my computer it does not recognize what processor I am using, or the amount of RAM that I have. I feel like I have exhausted all my options and my only choice is to re-install windows. Now that being said, I have a pre-loaded version of vista 32 on my acer desktop. I have acquired my product key via "keyfinder". I d/l'd a version of vista 32 and have burnt it on a dvd as an iso. Can anyone tell me exactly what i need to do, i realize i am going to loose everything saved. I have a c:drive and a d: drive, all my pictures are on my d: drive and I have backed them up onto disks. Please help, this computer is SLOW and LAGGY!!!

and is there anyway to keep my subscription to norton??

Old 04-06-2010, 12:53 PM   #3
Registered Member

thanks mike, now does anyone have any suggestions on my reinstall?? I have never done one before