Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Video Lag when mouse isn't moving!

This is a discussion on Video Lag when mouse isn't moving! within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello all, I have a very annoying and persistent problem involving video lag when my mouse is not moving. I

Closed Thread

Old 09-15-2012, 12:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

Hello all, I have a very annoying and persistent problem involving video lag when my mouse is not moving.

I have a custom built PC and am running windows 7, 64bit.

While I was watching netflix today I noticed quite a bit of lag on the video after a minute or so, when I left the mouse stationary. And as soon as I moved the cursor the lag went away. I tried other video sources including ALplayer and youtube. Same deal.

I have updated my video drivers, updated Adobe flashplayer, java, quicktime, you name it. I also checked my energy saving settings and resolution settings. I don't have any unnecessary programs running, I have kept my eye on all of my processes and it's all fine.

I used to have my mouse plugged into a usb hub but have since moved it to be directly plugged into my PC. I don't know what else to do, I am pulling my hair out and would like some help..

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Missing sound and video quality
What happens is my computer will randomly have it's sound disappear and it doesn't necessarily make it run slower but it wont run videos normally anymore. Lets say I go onto YouTube and I try to watch a video, when that video begins to play it will play at one tenth of the regular speed and seem...
Cyrox Other Hardware Support 5 09-26-2012 06:41 PM
[SOLVED] The system is using the generic video card.
So basically got a new operating system and I thought I had every driver installed but my video card is not showing up or something, I think I need to update its drivers but I cannot figure out what video card it is.. I'm getting errors like "Initialization of Direct3D Device failed. There is a...
atmmachine11 Windows XP Support 5 05-09-2012 08:20 PM
Need a gaming video card
Hello everybody, I play rift a lot and Sims 3. Wondering wht type of semi-nice (medium to high settings) graphic card would work well with machine. Here is comp's DxDiag report. ------------------ System Information ------------------ Time of this report: 4/23/2011, 23:43:16 ...
Dyth Video Card Support 5 04-24-2011 07:32 AM
Slow/Not responsive
My pc has lately as expected gone very slow and not as responsive. At the start-up especially. I have to wait a good 2mins before touching anything or things start to 'Not respond' and such. I was wondering if you guys could recommend me ANYTHING that I could do to speed up my pc significantly....
bhstr99 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 18 03-26-2011 03:38 PM