Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

via s3g unichrome pro igp driver for Win7

This is a discussion on via s3g unichrome pro igp driver for Win7 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi I have just installed Windows7 (32 bit), previously I was using XP. And I am looking for a driver

Closed Thread

Old 06-30-2012, 01:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to icons69

Hi
I have just installed Windows7 (32 bit), previously I was using XP.
And I am looking for a driver of graphic card via s3g unichrome pro igp.
I checked their website but not found any update for win7.

Now I want to know that can I use any other driver which will be installed in windows 7 (32 bit)?
Or can I get any driver or software for installing openGl in my pc?

Thanks.

Old 06-30-2012, 02:33 AM   #2
Registered Member

My System

I found this:
VIA/S3G UniChrome Pro IGP - CNET Download.com

The application might not run on Win7. but there is another method:

1-Unzip the files.
2-goto: START>CONTROL PANEL> type "device manager" in the searchbox.
3-run DEVICE MANAGER> find your graphic controller> right click on it> PROPERTIES> select "update driver" (or similar)> select "browse......" instead of "automatic...."> open the folder what you unzipped (in the utility)> and complete the installation.

If it wont help, and there is no "!" symbol near your graphic controller in device manager, than lets assume its installed properly.

If you still think it isnt, let us know the reason why.

note: the content doesnt contain compatibility information, but it wont couse any problem.

Old 07-03-2012, 01:20 AM   #3
Registered Member

Send a message via Yahoo to icons69

Hi
Thanks for the replty.
It is not working and finally I decided to install XP again.
But can you help me to install some openGl installer for my display driver?
Thanks.
Old 09-23-2012, 03:19 AM   #4
Registered Member

I'm having the same problem - got an "oldish" PC (but adequate), upgraded from XP to Windows 7 32 bit.

Cannot get graphic to work properly, as Windows detects as 'Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor'. The only drivers available are for XP, when I attempt to load it fails

Not worth getting a new graphics card, anyone suggest a solution please?
Old 09-24-2012, 01:34 PM   #5
- Microsoft Support

OS: Windows 8.1 64bit/Ubuntu 14 LTS 64bit via Vm Player

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by old_chap View Post
I'm having the same problem - got an "oldish" PC (but adequate), upgraded from XP to Windows 7 32 bit.

Cannot get graphic to work properly, as Windows detects as 'Standard VGA Graphics Adaptor'. The only drivers available are for XP, when I attempt to load it fails

Not worth getting a new graphics card, anyone suggest a solution please?
There is no solution if the card is not compatible with Windows 7. Not all computers are meant for Windows 7. For future advice run the Windows 7 Advisory Tool to make sure a computer is compatible with Windows 7 and or hardware (Hardware Drivers) or go to the OEM computer's manufacture website and see if they have drivers for Windows 7 graphics drivers, Audio and chipset. For Graphics cards go to the manufacture of that card. If the graphics card is an old PCI or AGP card good chance their will not be drivers support that card since it predates Windows 7 unless you can find a Legacy driver but I doubt you can. Newer and some older pc's come with PCIE slots X16 which some older PCIE graphics cards might support Windows 7 but most will only work with Legacy drivers which are not very good.

Virus Help
Ubuntu Live CD
PC Running Slow?
Memtest
UBCD
Remember dust buildup in your PC can be a killer!!
Closed Thread