Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Usta udf

5K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  suntydt 
#1 ·
I have a group of CDRs that were a back up of a Windows XP system a couple years ago. I am currently running Windows Vista SP2 and when I try to execute the AUTORUN it pops up with a window that says"You have inserted a disk with a USTA UDF file system. This disk cannot be read by your system without additional software. To install the necessary driver press YES."

When I press yes another window pops open "Error loading setupx.dll
The specified module could not be found." When I click on OK anothr window pops up that says "The packetCD OSTA UDF reader driver has been successfully installed. To axtivate the driver the system needs to reboot. Shall the system be rebooted now?"

I clicked yes and windows did nothing. I clicked no and the window disappeared. I rebooted the system just in case it really did something but I was pretty sure it did not. I was right. I did a Google search on "OSTA UDF compatibility Vista" and after reading some fairly useless sites I came here. The only benefit from the other sites was a little better explanation of why the disks aren't readable. So... who can tell me where I can get a setupx.dll and any files associated with it? The windows operating system on this PC is in a D partition.

#2 ·
It seems you may have made the mistake of creating those backup discs using what's called "Packet Writing Software" where you "drag-and-drop" files directly on to a formatted CD in Windows Explorer, rather than using regular burning software like 'Nero Burning ROM' or similar.

Packet Writing Software includes Nero 'InCD' (now discontinued I think), & one from Roxio I can't remember the name of since I stopped using Roxio software 8 years ago.
Packet Writing is a very unreliable method of creating discs, which is why it's rarely used now since the novelty wore off. If you can remember the actual packet writing software you used to create those discs, try to get hold of it and install it again.

#3 ·
Hmmm.... 8 years ago I think I bounced between Roxio and Nero for some time trying to decide which I liked better. I found a Nero 6 CD in my stuff but this Vista PC won't run it. Incompatible. Thanks for the info. I am wondering if there is a way around this delimma.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.