Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

User accounts problem

769 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  makinu1der2 
#1 ·
My wife has a standard user account, but recently tryed to log on and access was denied and a temporary account was automatically used.
I looked in the event viewer and got this message: Windows cannot load the locally stored profile. Possible causes of this error include insufficient security rights or a corrupt local profile. - What has gone wrong, and how do I fix it? Please help, it's driving me nuts!

#2 ·
This problem may occur if the directory that is associated with the account has been deleted from the Documents and Settings folder.

1. Start the computer in Safe Mode, and then restart the computer.
a. After the Power On Self Test (POST), press the F8 key.
b. On the Windows Advanced Options menu, use the ARROW keys to select Safe Mode, and then press ENTER.
c. When you are prompted to select the operating system to start, select Windows XP <edition>, where <edition> is the edition of Windows XP that you have installed, and then press ENTER.
2. Log on as Administrator.
a. On the "To begin, click your user name" screen, click Administrator.
b. Type the administrator password, and then press ENTER.

Note In some cases, the Administrator password may be set to a blank password. In this case, do not type a password before you press ENTER.
3. In Control Panel, click User Accounts.
4. Create a new user account. Windows makes a new directory for the account in the Documents and Settings folder.
5. Quit the User Accounts tool, and then restart the computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.