Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

USB HP Pocket media drive PDOOOO not recognized

This is a discussion on USB HP Pocket media drive PDOOOO not recognized within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I have recently acquired a 64 bit Asus laptop with windows 7 OS. Unfortunately I have tried to plug

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 02:04 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I have recently acquired a 64 bit Asus laptop with windows 7 OS.
Unfortunately I have tried to plug my usb HP pocket media drive model PD0000 but I get a message saying that it isn't recognized.

Thank you if anyone can help

Old 03-21-2012, 02:58 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

OS: Windows 8 64, Windows 7 64 Bit SP1, XP SP3, Mac OSX

My System

With the drive plugged in, go to Start/Search and type devmgmt.msc Right click the devmgmt icon in the search results and Run As Administrator. In the Device Manager. If you see any devices with a Yellow mark or under Universal Serial Bus Controllers you see an Unknown Device, right click it and Uninstall it. Now unplug the USB HDD and restart the computer. A USB drive that is not recognized is usually due to inadequate power. If it comes with a Dual USB cable be sure to plug in both ends to the computer. Once the computer boots up, plug it into a different USB port, and not through a Docking Station or Hub as these ports are weaker. You should get a new hardware wizard. You may need an optional power adapter or plug it into a Powered USB Hub.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memtest Errors: Not sure Power supply or Mobo settings
Hello, I have recently had a ram failure (2 gigs ocz CL5). So I replaced it with a new set of 8 gigs of ram (Patriot CL6) and upgraded to windows 7 x64. I installed the rams fine. Windows runs good and its detectable in the system bios and windows 7 recognizes all of them. So having new...
briax999 RAM and Power Supply Support 9 03-21-2012 05:27 AM
Change size of "d" drive
I keep getting a message saying I'm running out of space on my D drive. I've looked into expanding it. went to manage hit the d drive and the expand part in not available. So what can be done. There's 4 partitions do I need them all? Is it slowing this thing down?
tinner105 Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 1 03-21-2012 01:59 AM
getting 'not reponding" messages so oftebn
hi!:smile: i am a new member here..and i am also a newbie in this pc world..i hope i am not interrupting you guys at all..i have a question,i have installed windows seven ultimate in my pc..i am using a old one pc's..a presott Pentium 4 processor with 256mb Ati radeon 9600xt graphic card and i have...
rookie junes Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support 8 03-21-2012 12:52 AM
Hp Pavilion g series laptop
For some reason, when I turn on my laptop, my screen doesn't show anything. It looks like the system is opperating ok, the light for wireless is on, caps and number lock buttons light, but there is nothing showing on the screen. It just started to tonight. I've never had an issue with the laptop...
Rcarter1648 Laptop Support 1 03-20-2012 08:42 PM