Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Unresponsive programs on Windows 7

This is a discussion on Unresponsive programs on Windows 7 within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey recently my Windows 7 has become unresponsive. I turn on the computer everything is fine. I open up a

Closed Thread

Old 08-06-2010, 04:58 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey recently my Windows 7 has become unresponsive. I turn on the computer everything is fine. I open up a few programs like google chrome, windows media player, live messenger and then after a while something will become unresponsive usually google chrome when im watchin youtube videos. It then says that the shockwave has crashed or somthin like that. And then all of a sudden everthing else beocmes unresponsive. When i shut down the computer i have to force shut down. And then nothin appears but the desktop background. then after a few minutes the desktop background disappears and its just black with a movable cursor. after that it will never shut down unless i manually turn it off. I'm pretty sure this has nothin to do with my ram. i have 2gb of ram and according to taskmanager i use about 700mb of it. As for the registries i used a program eusing free registry cleaner. It found about 500 issues with the registries and then i repaired them with that program. But that still didnt fix my problem. I think the only way of fixing this is reinstalling Win 7 unless some of you geniuses can help me with this. Thanks.