Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Uninstall Intel Proset

This is a discussion on Uninstall Intel Proset within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. After upgrading to Windows 7, Intel Proset will not allow me to start the uninstaller due to its incompatibility with

Closed Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 05:49 PM   #1
Registered Member

After upgrading to Windows 7, Intel Proset will not allow me to start the uninstaller due to its incompatibility with that version of Windows. I need to uninstall it in order to upgrade to a newer release. How can I manually reach the uninstaller so that I can run it in compatibility mode? Anyone know where it should be located?

Old 06-06-2009, 05:58 AM   #2
TSF Team Emeritus
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Right click on the Intel Proset icon in the Start Menu and select "Properties". That'll tell you where the program resides, then a bit of digging should reveal if there is an uninstall program.

Have you tried running the free Revo uninstaller in compatibility mode? I haven't used it myself, but many people have recommended it.

Old 06-06-2009, 11:40 AM   #3
Registered Member

It's gone from the start menu, I have no idea where the shortcut went, unfortunately. And Revo doesn't detect that it's installed for some reason (but CCleaner, and obviously the Windows Add/Remove controller does).