Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Microsoft Support > Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support

Unbloking Winzip folders

This is a discussion on Unbloking Winzip folders within the Windows 7 Support, Windows Vista Support forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Windows 7 version laptop. I extracted winzip files and there are not fully unbloked: I can't open logos/images/

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 05:44 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have Windows 7 version laptop. I extracted winzip files and there are not fully unbloked: I can't open logos/images/ pictures, I can see just a text on it. How can I unbloked them?

Old 04-26-2011, 06:02 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

Were they protected files? or just zip files?

What did you use to extract them?

try the built in extractor:
right-click on the .zip file and press "extract all"
then follow the on screen steps to extract the files.

Regards,

Mark

Old 04-26-2011, 04:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, Mark.
But still I cannot unblock them? Can you tell me more in details, how to do that.

Regards,
Gunta
Old 04-26-2011, 06:43 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

Can you explain the "unblocking" thing. Is it a protected file (the file name would be green) or is there some sort of pop-up?

Regards,

Mark

Edit: Ah, after some googling, i understand. Right click on the file and select "properties" then click "unblock".
Old 04-27-2011, 04:49 PM   #5
Registered Member

Hello Mark,

Thanks for your advice:
1. I think they aren't protected files, because the file name is not green.

2. I tried to go to 'properties' and unblock them. Yes, files were unblocked for a little while, I was so happy!!!!! But then I tried to open them the second time, and - nothing again: just a text without images/logos/pictures... What I did wrong?

3. If I'll be lucky the third time and will open them, do I need to save them straight away???? Or how ?

4. Another thing is I have some 'DS_Store' files, which I can not open. I have Adobe Reader 9.4 version. How can I open them?

5. I could not register to Adobe ImageReady? How to resolve it please?

many thanks for advice,
Gunta
Old 04-27-2011, 07:43 PM   #6
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi-

It seems that there are some problems with this. This is caused by Windows file protection. You can either turn off windows file protection (not recommended) or move the file to a non-NTSF file system, such as most flash drives. Once you move it to a different file system, you can move it back to your computer, as the data that "blocks" it is deleted.

If you do not have a flash drive or other non-NTFS device, you could create a small FAT32 partition on your drive.

From what I understand "DS_store" files are files that are created by the Mac OSX finder. Have you viewed files on your computer via finder?

I'll research on the ImageReady thing for you.

Regards,

Mark
Old 04-29-2011, 03:20 AM   #7
Registered Member

Hello Mark,
Many thanks for an explanation.
Gunta
Old 05-01-2011, 02:10 PM   #8
Registered Member

Hello Mark,
I resolved my problem by changing the Win-zip program to Win-rar. I can open my files now. Winrar zip program is very good for Windows 7.

Thanks for your support,
Gunta